Yellow fungus?? Please help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely keep us posted on how she is doing! I hope that the honey helps out for her & that it starts to improve.
That is a possibility that the skin was somewhat raw & just got a little worse applying the aloe with the exposure to the lights, also. At least it doesn't seem to bother her & she has a pretty good appetite, also.

Tracie

KimNartemisia

Original Poster
Hello all,

A little update on Arty. I've been applying honey every night for twoish weeks. I'm not sure if it's gotten better or not, it does seem a little smaller and actually when she sleeps and is light colored it almost doesn't show at all. But I decided to take her in to a reptile vet to be safe (and do an overall health examination before brumation). The vet wasn't sure what it was, nor did his colleagues. He didn't think it was fungus, he thought it looked like a scar but didn't think it was a burn because he thought it would have to go through a nasty scabby phase before getting white and smooth like this. He didn't think it was necessary to graph it/take a sample. He thought it just best to wait and see what happens. So I'm going to continue with the honey and we'll see if it heals up!

Here's an interesting picture of the scar under the UV light. What's interesting is that the skin that looks like shed actually doesn't look like that at all without the light and she's not in shed anymore.
80321-533854524.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If it was yellow fungus it would have grown by now or patches would have shown elsewhere. Looks like the honey is helping. Still wondering how she got this scar. Keep working on it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that is odd! Very interesting, but I agree that it would definitely have spread if it was yellow fungus. The honey does seem to be working, so I would keep on applying it daily & hopefully it will keep on improving for her! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom