Yellow fungus or Bacterial infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like my dragon has a yellow, fluid filled bump on top of her left eye on the top of her head. I'm not sure what it could be from because I have to correct lighting and heating, it is nice and dry in her cage, and there isn't anything that she could have accidentally scratched it on. I was looking at it and picking at it to see what it was and it opened and this yellowish-clear liquid came out. She has had this for a couple of weeks and i'm wondering if it could be a healing bug bite, or a burn from her heat lamp? She has a log that gets up close to her heat lamp and she might have raised her head up too high when sh was basking. But, could it also be a yellow fungus? When I first noticed it on her, I would be petting her head and whenever I would go over that spot, it seemed as though it would itch her. She never itched it on her own though.

When I first noticed it:

Today:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That could definitely be either a bug bite healing or from a burn. How close would you say her head got to the light?
Did a lot of fluid drain out though?
You can try to put either some antibiotic ointment on it or get some unpasteurized honey to put on it to help ward off infection.
Is she eating normally?
It does not appear to be fungal in nature though.

Tracie

AshleyRenee07

Original Poster
She can get VERY close to her heat lamp. I lowered her log so she isn't that close to it, but still close enough to where she can bask. So I wouldn't be surprised if it is a burn. It drained twice today and both times it was a clear, yellow fluid that came out. I treated it with a triple antibiotic. I have heard if the honey method, but haven't gotten around to try it. Thank you for your response!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like the culprit, that is too bad. It does happen though.
Keep draining it when it needs it to get the fluids out. The ointment should help tremendously so hopefully there wont be any infection set in.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

AshleyRenee07

Original Poster
I know, I feel horrible... :( I'll be draining it, like you said and giving her extra loving and some treats because I feel so bad. Thank you so much for your help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Things happen sometimes, but at least you caught it & fixed the problem before it got worse!
I hope she is doing well. Let us know how she is doing & how it is healing up, too.
I am pretty sure that she has forgiven you though, it wasn't on purpose.

Tracie

49ers559

Drache613":1vlltgqi said:
Hello,

Things happen sometimes, but at least you caught it & fixed the problem before it got worse!
I hope she is doing well. Let us know how she is doing & how it is healing up, too.
I am pretty sure that she has forgiven you though, it wasn't on purpose.

Tracie
Hi drache613 I was wondering if u have any idea how I can get rid of this yellow fungus on my bearded dragon here is a picture it's really bad

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

****49ers559****
Please make a thread to start your own thread so we don't hijack the OP's thread, thank you.

I will PM you as well.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom