Yellow around and in the ear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed this around and inside Cortana's right ear.

2013-07-19%2018.42.33.jpg

Does anyone have any clue what this is? She is getting ready to shed everything on her head except around her ears (the yellow is only on the right side).

None of her vitamin or calcium powder is that color so I am not really sure what this could be. She is on tile and has never been on sand either.

Has anyone seen this before?

I was just reading about yellow fungus yesterday so my apologies if this is an over reaction. Just trying to be cautious.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Yellow fungus is a scary thing, so no problem with being overly cautious. The color on your dragon looks completely normal to me. Yellow fungus looks crusty. You could probably find pictures of it by using the search feature at the upper right of the page.

outcold434

Original Poster
I wasn't really worried about it until I saw the buildup inside the ear hole against the eardrum. Is that normal?

For clarity consider the ear is a clock. The yellow build-up is from about 6 to 9 on the edge of the eardrum. You can see the yellow stuff slightly jutting out at about the 9 o'clock position. It looks like a shadow is just covering it but it is actually a little pile of caked on yellow dust.

I tried Qtips but it didn't move or pull anything off.

Any clue what that might be?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's just natural color around her ear. If you are seeing anything in her ear, it may just be a tiny bit of dust, I'm sure she's fine. Be really careful with that thin membrane covering her ear !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom