Yeah! Ewwwww.....gross....

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxattack

Juvie Member
I just ordered bulk worms online for the first time. I ordered 500 superworms from Premium cCrickets on Sunday. They arrived today. At first I was so excited I jumped up and down. I've been buying 25 worms for around $3.00 at Petsmart and I was thrilled when I got 500 for less than $25. Once I got the box though, my excitement turned to trepidation. All I heard was scritch...scratch...tsss...crrrr...the squirming of thousands of legs. Ewwwww....Then I realized that I had to take them out of the box and put them in my critter keeper. Oh no!

When I opened the box, they were in a burlap type sack full of newspaper. When I tried to cut the bag open I chopped a worm in half too. I did not know they had a bloody red vein running through the middle of their bodies. :puke: Then I had to shake them out of the news paper and I actually touched one with my hand. :puke: :puke: Oh the horror! I was actually trying to eat dinner while typing this post and I have managed to put myself off my soup and sandwich by re-living the horror in my mind. I will definately continue to buy worms online (the savings cannot be ignored) but next time I will be mentally prepared to face 500 crawling, writhing SUPERWORMS. shudder

The first time I ordered superworms online I ordered 1000. They came in a box and all I had to do was dump the box into my Sterilite container full of oatmeal. The worms are definitely gross... but this wasn't too bad. The oatmeal smelled fresh... and I added some cut up potatoes for moisture.

I am kind of worm-phobic, too, but this hasn't been too bad. Not as bad as I had anticipated.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
I just recently got my first box of 1000 for $20. Although I was very grossed out because I saw one shedding and stuff, they have been relatively easy to keep. I have finally gotten to the point where i will pick them up with my bare fingers. I'm just scared they''ll bite

patrickb

Juvie Member
heh When you are only used to seeing a few worms at a time, something like 500 all at once can be a bit shocking for some. :) Don't worry you will get a routine and get much more used to them than you are now! And yes, tongs a great thing period. Get yourself a good pair and you won't regret that one bit.

maxattack

Juvie Member
Original Poster
patrickb":5954e said:
heh When you are only used to seeing a few worms at a time, something like 500 all at once can be a bit shocking for some. :) Don't worry you will get a routine and get much more used to them than you are now! And yes, tongs a great thing period. Get yourself a good pair and you won't regret that one bit.

:wink: Absolutley! I actually use chopsticks which work really well. The worm just ended up falling onto my hand when I was trying to dump him out of the newspaper. Yuck! I know. I'm a big sissy! And 500 Superworms compared to 25 was overwhelming to my worm-a-phobic self! I would never make it on Fear Factor! :shock: Ah, the things we slaves do for our masters......

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Hehe, I don't use supers yet, but I can only imagine...

I love when I get a new shipment of phoenix worms.. I have them delivered to my work and I run around showing everyone my nice new cup of wiggly maggots! One of these days, I'm going to be asked to stop having them delivered there.

I'm pretty tough - no a real girly girl - worms don't freak me out.
Of course, I say that now, but I would probably be a little bothered by 500 of them!

maxattack

Juvie Member
Original Poster
NegativeCreep":b1225 said:
Hehe, I don't use supers yet, but I can only imagine...

I love when I get a new shipment of phoenix worms.. I have them delivered to my work and I run around showing everyone my nice new cup of wiggly maggots! One of these days, I'm going to be asked to stop having them delivered there.

I'm pretty tough - no a real girly girl - worms don't freak me out.
Of course, I say that now, but I would probably be a little bothered by 500 of them!

Hehe, I like the phoenix worms and butterworms are actually pretty, but the SUPERWORMS, they are scary. Sometimes I think they are going to eat ME! Then you hear all these stories about how they bite and some owners chop their heads off before they feed them to their animals?!! Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom