Wrinkled Skin on Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

menzy

My little guy Titan appears to have a fair amount of wrinkles on the skin. Here are some pics from him. Recently upped his diet from 30 to 50 Dubias/day and he eats dandelion once a day (about 15 pinky nail sized pieces) that have been soaked in water. I also mist him a few times a day on his head. Gonna add some pictures in a second.

menzy

Original Poster
104010-2344175591.jpg
one more image. this was almost a week ago. is this dehydration/not enough food? one or the other? just extra skin?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The wrinkles are normal and not really a good indicator of hydration. They can expand and contract their bodies quite a bit so it's helpful for their skin to be loose and flexible to allow this.

They can usually get enough hydration through their food if they are eating live bugs and fresh veges. A good indicator of hydration is their poop. If that doesn't look dry (or if it is accompanied by a puddle) then that's a sign that they are getting enough hydration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom