Would this be save UVB levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
So I'm looking to get a Sunblaster 24 inch fixture with reflector and a Repitsun 22 inch T5HO 10.0 bulb. If the bulb is around 8 or so inches away, would it be save? My basking spot is 10 inches from my T8 Reptisun right now. Cause I was looking at a chart, and it was showing dangerous levels even at 12 inches. So would it be save to get the T5 or no?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
No 8" is far too close.

I have that same setup and prefer to keep the basking spot about 12-14" away. At 8-10" I would not use the reflector (it snaps out easily from that fixture, fortunately). If you can, moving the fixture further away is also an option.

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Taterbug":3rn4mybt said:
No 8" is far too close.

I have that same setup and prefer to keep the basking spot about 12-14" away. At 8-10" I would not use the reflector (it snaps out easily from that fixture, fortunately). If you can, moving the fixture further away is also an option.
So the Sunblaster reflector comes off? Cause I wouldn't need it, my enclosure is only 18 inches tall so Thanks!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
KyleSwonger61":1acloeuk said:
Taterbug":1acloeuk said:
No 8" is far too close.

So the Sunblaster reflector comes off? Cause I wouldn't need it, my enclosure is only 18 inches tall so Thanks!

They also sell one without the reflector if you haven't bought it yet but if you have it, or get the reflector one (cause maybe someday you will get a taller tank) it snaps off pretty easy.

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Taterbug":110kfdi4 said:
KyleSwonger61":110kfdi4 said:
Taterbug":110kfdi4 said:
No 8" is far too close.

They also sell one without the reflector if you haven't bought it yet but if you have it, or get the reflector one (cause maybe someday you will get a taller tank) it snaps off pretty easy.
Another quick question, the fixture says it 24 inches, does that fit the 22 inch T5 from Reptisun or is it 24 inch bulbs?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
The bulbs and fixtures are standard sizes - the fixtures are always a little longer than the bulbs because of the socket/end caps. I Like to match the wattages to double check it's the right pair.

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Taterbug":cm871th8 said:
The bulbs and fixtures are standard sizes - the fixtures are always a little longer than the bulbs because of the socket/end caps. I Like to match the wattages to double check it's the right pair.
So would the Sunblaster 24 inch work with the Reptisun 22 inch T5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom