worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc2015

Hello, My beardie hasn't had a problem with pooping until now. I think. He usually poops everyday or every second day and not to go into much detail but nice big poops... Today his poo was very dry.. And there was very little of it. Is this because he is dehydrated or impacted. He has a water dish in the tank but rarely goes near it. and i give him a bath once a week (I just bathed him tonight). Today he ate his entire salad and about 20 crickets. Which is normal for him and his cage temperatures are 73-80F on cool side // 100-115F on basking/hot side.
ALSO... I got my boyfriend to feed him yesterday and he may have given him 4 meal worms... :angry5: small in size but I freaked out when he told me. But if he was impacted he would've not eaten, would he not? and also i give him the odd meal worms here and there so it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

someone help me. Is he impacted? dehydrated? or should I give him some time to let his body figure it out. He is only like 1.5 months old (3.5 inches/4 inches)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....as a baby your dragon needs water daily. Soak him once a day in warm shallow water for about 10 minutes and/or dribble water on his snout while he's in his tank. And yes, 4 mealworms could possibly impact him ....because he's a baby. Four mealies wouldn't impact an adult dragon but could very easily impact a baby. But the fact that he DID poo but it's small + dry suggests that he needs more hydration. And just in case hes slightly impacted get some baby food squask, sugar free applesauce and or baby food prunes and add a drop or 2 of veg. oil or honey to help him to poo. He should be O.K. :)

jroc2015

Original Poster
AHBD":35v7elw7 said:
Hi there....as a baby your dragon needs water daily. Soak him once a day in warm shallow water for about 10 minutes and/or dribble water on his snout while he's in his tank. And yes, 4 mealworms could possibly impact him ....because he's a baby. Four mealies wouldn't impact an adult dragon but could very easily impact a baby. But the fact that he DID poo but it's small + dry suggests that he needs more hydration. And just in case hes slightly impacted get some baby food squask, sugar free applesauce and or baby food prunes and add a drop or 2 of veg. oil or honey to help him to poo. He should be O.K. :)

HE POOPED TODAY, much bigger. but still very dry... so i gave him some greens and apple sauce (sugar free) today for his meal and about 15 crickets. :) thanks for the response. ALSO i have tried dribbling water on his nose and he flicks it off with his back legs... haha he hates baths and will not soak for even 1 minute... i spray him every couple days though. I'm trying my best. my little guy is a tad picky with water... and being in tubs/containers freaks him out.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good to hear that he isn't impacted. :) I would suggest that you spray him daily, but just a small gentle stream on his snout.....nothing that would soak the cage. If he eats greens regularly that's good too, so you can add a little extra water to them and offer them while they're wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom