Worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
I moved my 1-2 month old beardie into the 40 breeder I bought for him a couple days ago. It's a little under furnished right now but I've ordered his UVB bulb+ fixture online so it'll be here in a few days or so. I'll be picking up some tile for him tomorrow if I can. I just moved him in today but he's acting weird. He usually hangs out on his branch right under his basking light (I put the branch and the basking light on the same side as his original 10 gallon) and he was there for a while today but he's been sleeping on a small branch on the cool side most of the evening (I moved him in about mid-afternoon). He never slept on the cool side in his little tank and I don't think he's too hot since the basking light is a couple inches higher than it was in the small tank and he would plant himself maybe 2 inches below the screen in the 10 gallon. The temperature below the light is around 100-110 degrees. He might be acting funny because of the move but he didn't have any problems moving in the first day I got him (ate tons of crix, active, basked happily). He's maybe 7-8 inches long so he's still a tiny guy. Is the cage maybe too big? Should I block off part of it until he gets a little bigger?

kimmyk

Juvie Member
I wouldn't worry until he has had some time to adjust to his new home. Could just be him trying to get used to his new viv. I'd give him three or four days and watch his diet. I think when he gets settled in, he'll be fine :)

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He did eat a cricket from my hand after moving in. I gave him a warm bath after I posted and put him to bed (I snuck in some cheek rubs for the first time and am assuming no launching from my hand/towel is a good sign!). I'm trying to handle him a little bit the past week as well so he might be a bit cranky from that. I didn't handle him much the first two weeks other than cleaning and feeding him in a container a couple times. I think he's just unsure about the huge amount of space he now has!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom