worried that red is scared and stressed! ****UPDATED HELP!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyAMP88

Hatchling Member
Bump.

I don't know too much about the situation but my first thought was maybe an overdose on calcium? Do you have an update?

BlueS14240sx

Original Poster
Well I though that could have been a possibility so I completely stopped calcium on the food all of yesterday and I don't see any toe twitching or anything. Still very skittish and her beard and underside are dark....idk why this hasn't effected the smaller one any

Freeie

Extreme Poster
You only need calcium on one feeding per day. I'm not sure if you have over done them or not sounds like MVB or impaction. How big is their feeders and what are you feeding them

BlueS14240sx

Original Poster
Mainly crickets sence they don't look at greens. The crickets are propper size I corrected the feeding and she seems to be doing better no more shaking or anything. Her back shedder today so hopefully she will start feeling better

BlueS14240sx

Original Poster
ehh, better but still seems stressed and still freaks out when i go in the tank, i moved them into my 55g so hopefully things keep getting better

BlueS14240sx

Original Poster
landoflor":05bb6 said:
just remeber you have the time in the world to get her to calm down and she will

thats why i have jhust been leaving her alone and just ignoring her skittishness. im gonna get another one at the january white plains reptile expo and hopefully it will be a happier dragon now that i know exactly what to ask the breeders and how to tell a good breeder from a bad one

BlueS14240sx

Original Poster
well today i gave her a bath she seems to be doing better, but this time she will wait until she is in my hand to freak out, she jumped out of my hand when i took her out of the tank and tried to jump out of my hand after her bath, i dont get it, seems better though....her beard and belly are still very dark though :?

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
I have a red dragon her name is roxy. ive had her for 6 months

and she still is skittish with me....
Sometimes its just their personality to be little scaredy beardies.
She will always pancake out and puff her beard out at me. sometimes make a jet to the glass...but i just talk to her with a calm voice and pick her up from the side gently....
and the lil varment will jump or try to. and run away sighhhhhhh

i did find out that she likes to wrap around my hand she HATES to hang on my shoulder. so maybe you could try to see what position yours likes better. (usually when its close to bed time is when it might be the least convenient.)

you can also try leaving a shirt that smells like you for red to sleep on, feeding red from your hand or a container you are holding.
during baths make sure they have a good foot hold on either your hand or a towel...it usually mellows them out if they can stand without sliding.
bottom line it takes alot of patience...good luck

Bellalee

Juvie Member
BlueS14240sx":d377e said:
landoflor":d377e said:
just remeber you have the time in the world to get her to calm down and she will

thats why i have jhust been leaving her alone and just ignoring her skittishness. im gonna get another one at the january white plains reptile expo and hopefully it will be a happier dragon now that i know exactly what to ask the breeders and how to tell a good breeder from a bad one

You know I reccomend getting an older one:) In the right side last row, almost right in front their are some good breeders. :D Go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom