Worried sick about REX!!!!!! please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andresm

Hello all,

I'm a little concerned about my beardie. I bought my beardie a week ago today. After a week of acclimating itself to me and its new enviroment, my beardie finally discovered his hiding spot. It's a little cave that I purchased at my local pet store. However, as soon he went in there my beardie went to sleep.

For the past few days he has been very active eating about 20 crickets per day spread in 2 meals and pretty much basking all day. He also poops once a day (which I think is normal) and eats veggies. Overall I think Rex is a very healthy beardie. But after todays behavior of sleeping in the cave once discovered has me a little concerned. Is this normal behavior for a baby beardie that is about 7 inches STL? I hope this is not an indication that my beardie is sick.

Also, last night I turned the light off really late about 12 midnight. Could this be the cause of this behavior?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Yes, dragons tend to get confused if you don't have their lights on and off on a schedule. Like some humans I know ;)
If you should place a simple timer on that set up, you won't have to worry about turning on and off. Just set and go !
Janie.

Rachella

Juvie Member
If he continues to sleep in the cave put a roadblock in front of it. :p Some beardies would sleep all day if they could get away with it. I'd unblock it at night so he could crawl in for bedtime if he'd want to. :love5:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I agree with Rachella, babies should not be able to sleep all day. They need their uv and heat. A baby can go from healthy to ill very quickly if they are not getting enough heat and rays. Block that lil stinker during the day and everything should be fine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My name is Faith
Top Bottom