Worried my bearded is getting too skinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
BSFL are black soldier fly larva , sold as calci or repti worms not waxworms, [ easy to get them mixed up :) ] Waxworm is a different larva that turns in to a moth but in the larva stage is fatty . But bsfl [ calci worms ] are a good choice. But try not to worry too much, just keep offering the crickets as well.

Motherofdragon19

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2e4z8e4s said:
Dubias are illegal ? You can try waxworms (bsfl) they are high in calicium -- Google them and go from there---
Karrie
Yes they are illegal here and I have been feeding him about 3 waxworms a week, plus about 12-15 crickets a day. Also I checked on my little guy this morning and he was perfectly fine but when I got home today I noticed he was walking really weird and now I'm extremely concerned, he refuses to eat too.

Motherofdragon19

Original Poster
AHBD":ylm61cbe said:
BSFL are black soldier fly larva , sold as calci or repti worms not waxworms, [ easy to get them mixed up :) ] Waxworm is a different larva that turns in to a moth but in the larva stage is fatty . But bsfl [ calci worms ] are a good choice. But try not to worry too much, just keep offering the crickets as well.
Ok, I'll have to see if I can find some for him.

Motherofdragon19

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ou55maf said:
Did you get your UVB changed out?
Karrie
I can't find any that work with my tank, it doesn't have any place to put a uvb bulb in it. I've been trying to find one on amazon but so far the ones I've ordered don't fit or work in my tank so I've been trying to find something that might be able to hold the bulb in the tank, do you have any suggestions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Take the dual dome off get a regular fixture like a 22" zoomed for a T8 10.0 bulb--- you need to get this ASAP-- this is probably why he's walking funny and has now hurt himself-- I am wondering if he is developing MBD-- he needs calcium-- you can take him outside if it's warm where you live and let him sit in the sun for like 15 minutes-- but he needs UVB or he is going to continue to get sicker-- get another basking bulb fixture you want them separate-- that T8 needs to go inside the tank approx 8-10 inches from basking area--- if he has hurt himself your gonna haft to get it so he doesnt haft to do a lot of climbing to get to his UVB -- you can find these fixtures at Petco Petsmart --- but you need to get this replaced as soon as you can --- it will affect his eating and over all health--- the fixture can be hung w/ plastic zip ties --- picture wire hanger or 3 M makes some sort of hook ----
Karrie

Motherofdragon19

Original Poster
KarrieRee":20j6yc6h said:
Take the dual dome off get a regular fixture like a 22" zoomed for a T8 10.0 bulb--- you need to get this ASAP-- this is probably why he's walking funny and has now hurt himself-- I am wondering if he is developing MBD-- he needs calcium-- you can take him outside if it's warm where you live and let him sit in the sun for like 15 minutes-- but he needs UVB or he is going to continue to get sicker-- get another basking bulb fixture you want them separate-- that T8 needs to go inside the tank approx 8-10 inches from basking area--- if he has hurt himself your gonna haft to get it so he doesnt haft to do a lot of climbing to get to his UVB -- you can find these fixtures at Petco Petsmart --- but you need to get this replaced as soon as you can --- it will affect his eating and over all health--- the fixture can be hung w/ plastic zip ties --- picture wire hanger or 3 M makes some sort of hook ----
Karrie
Can the UVB be the same length as the cage or how big does it have to be? I found one that might work but it would be the same length as my cage.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Karrie is right, the lack of good uvb has caused this problem and it will get worse. As for a long tube uvb, it has to be shorter length so you can attach it under the screen.

Motherofdragon19

Original Poster
AHBD":1lkcaeob said:
Karrie is right, the lack of good uvb has caused this problem and it will get worse. As for a long tube uvb, it has to be shorter length so you can attach it under the screen.
I'm glad it can be reversed and ok thank you so much for the help. I'm getting paid tomorrow so I will most likely get it tomorrow morning.

Motherofdragon19

Original Poster
Oh ok I'll do that, I just don't really have a place to attach the light to because the top of my cage is really weird. It opens up so I can't take the top actually off, I could probably find a way though. Yes I have a pet smart, the nearest Petco is about an hour or 2 away.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Look at PetSmart -- write down what you need if you haft to - if you don't have other pets you can take the top off and use lamp stands--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom