Worried about Peaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Hi all, I'm a tad concerned about older beardie Peaches. We have a vet visit booked Monday, but I wanted to get your opinions.

We don't know Peaches age, we got him in November as a rescue, he was 17" long and weighed 93g, the vet gave critical care, and in 3 months he weighed in at 340g. He was still a bit off when he went into brumation (we tried to stop it but it seemed like a preprogrammed thing more than a weather thing :/ )

He woke up properly​ about a week ago and seems a little odd still; he seems flatter than our other beardie, though his weight hasn't changed, and is black bearding most days now, though he often head bobs too

He also won't eat a whole lot, as far as we can tell being eats a few greens (maybe a leaf?) And has eaten a total of 3 small locust's

He is still alert, head up following what you're doing, he just seems odd (I know this is an really vague feeling sorry!)

Is this normal behaviour after brumation,and is there anything we should be asking the vet to do?

Enclosure;
4x2x2 ft
Basking spot: 40°C
Hot end 29-36°C
Cool end: 25°C
Basking light is white and 12" from his basking spot
UVB is brand new, 6" from his basking spot, Arcadia 12%

I should say we are measuring his behaviour against Jubsie, who could be the weird dragon tbh,we've had her since she was about 2/3 weeks (was told she was 3 months and didn't know any better) and I swear she thinks she's people!

They're in seperate cages and Peaches is on the bottom, but he can see Jubsie when she's out, similarly she can see him when he's out, could this has an effect on Peaches behaviour?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sounds like you're doing a great job with peaches. :) It might have been better to put the weight on just a bit slower, but good that he's gained. Some beadies are lethargic after brumation, but lethargy can be caused by so many things that it would be impossible to say.

Just be sure the vet has experience with reptiles, and tell him everything you mentioned here. A good vet will know what to check for. Best wishes for a good outcome. :)

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, I thought the weight gain was a bit fast, but we didnt try and rush it, it just sort of happened? He's the best reptile vet in the county with loads of beardie experience :D xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom