Worried about parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayulsa

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, so forgive me if it isn't.

I've posted about Neptune's size before, and I'm still worried. His is 10-11 inches and around 100 grams, but he's a year old. He's very active and he eats normal. I'm just worried about his size. There are no reptile vets near me, how can I get him tested?

Here's some basic information about his feeding schedule and setup:

-He is in a 40 gallon tank
-UVB light is 3 or 4 months old, I can't remember the brand but it may have been a Reptisun 10.0
-Crickets are fed daily/every other day
-Calcium is once a day, Herptivite every other day
-Substrate is paper towels/newspaper
-Hot side is around 95-100
-Cool side is around 95 (he's been hanging around in the cool side a bit more than usual, could that be a sign of anything)
-Basking side is is 100-105

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Mayulsa, has anything changed for him as long as you've had him ? I can tell you for sure that your cool side in much too hot. It should 80, not 95. That can have a very detrimental affect on his health, including chronic dehydration. Can you post pics of his set up ? Also, do you feed him all he wants or just every other day sometimes ? Will he drink in a bath or any other way ? At his size he can use 2 meals a day if he'll eat them. But remember, if he has a lack of appetite it can be from dehydration and overheating if your coolest temp. is 95.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
golly !!! he's tiny for his age . Are you sure he is a central beardie and not a rankins ?

Photo of his head from above will be helpful so we can see his head shape and how his crown ridge looks.

Definitely change his zone temperatures too , he needs to be able to thermoregulate and he currently cant.

mayulsa

Original Poster
AHBD":35ivgrm0 said:
Hi Mayulsa, has anything changed for him as long as you've had him ? I can tell you for sure that your cool side in much too hot. It should 80, not 95. That can have a very detrimental affect on his health, including chronic dehydration. Can you post pics of his set up ? Also, do you feed him all he wants or just every other day sometimes ? Will he drink in a bath or any other way ? At his size he can use 2 meals a day if he'll eat them. But remember, if he has a lack of appetite it can be from dehydration and overheating if your coolest temp. is 95.

When I first got him, I didn't have the correct lights, but I do now. I also think I may have misread the cool side, but the thermometer I have isn't the best quality. I'm looking into getting a thermometer gun (I have no idea what they're called, lol)

Also: he just took a poop and it's VERY smelly. I took a photo of that (gross) and if it can be of help I will post it as well. It doesn't look normal.

I fed him twice today, but he didn't eat much the second time. His colors are very bright and his stomach looks chubby, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Here are some photos of him.

RtsbREN.jpg

mpJngWI.jpg

Jxr8T3M.jpg

WqWRNYD.jpg

H98Gnlh.jpg

SO, as I was writing this, Neptune was relaxing next to me. All of the sudden, he puffed his beard out a few times and the last time he did it, he made a wheezing type of sound.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What a cutie pie. :) Other than being just a wee bit thin he looks very healthy. Adjust his temps. as I mentioned, feed + hydrate him well and if you can find a vet to do a fecal test that would be good. Call the vets in your area even if they aren't reptile vets, they can all read a fecal. Then if they prescribe meds. you can check with Drache613 here [ one of the mods. ] about proper dosing. Beardedragon.co can help with meds. + dosing as well. Other than that, just take good care of him.

The cough/wheezing isn't concerning unless it's frequent + continuous.

mayulsa

Original Poster
AHBD":3uosr1c6 said:
What a cutie pie. :) Other than being just a wee bit thin he looks very healthy. Adjust his temps. as I mentioned, feed + hydrate him well and if you can find a vet to do a fecal test that would be good. Call the vets in your area even if they aren't reptile vets, they can all read a fecal. Then if they prescribe meds. you can check with Drache613 here [ one of the mods. ] about proper dosing. Beardedragon.co can help with meds. + dosing as well. Other than that, just take good care of him.

The cough/wheezing isn't concerning unless it's frequent + continuous.

This is such a relief. I will make sure to call them tomorrow! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom