Worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffaa

hi, i just noticed my beardie done a poo, andi looked closer because it looked runny, and i found very small greyish worms crawling in his poo.
I've had him for about 8 months and this is the first time i seen this.

i don't know how to cure it or should i just let it takes it's course.

many thanks.

(btw great forum) :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
letting it takes is course will usually be letting it take your beardies life... you need to get it to a vet as soon as possible and if you can bring a fresh poop sample for the vet to look at. Also you should clean the entire tank with a bleach solution to kill any parasites in the tank. Of course you should let it air out tell there is no more fumes before you re-introduce your beardie to the cage. Just make sure you take it to the vet, they will give you medicine to kill the parasites in your beardie.

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Do you feed your beardie any kind of worms? I have heard that this can happen with feeding Phoenix worms, as in the phoenix worms pass through them whole. If you have a reptile vet near to you, maybe is all they would need is a stool sample to determine type of worms and treatment, so I would call and see what they suggest.
Puffsmama

milo033

A vet visit is necessary. Phoenix worms do sometime pass through mostly whole but it would be impossible for them to be alive still so I highly doubt that is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom