Worms in my crickets?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
i buy my crickets online because my beardie eats like a pig.... but recently i have noticed a ton of little worms with them!!!!!! there are usually 1 or 2 worms per thousand crickets but this time there were probably about 100 worms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have a few questions:

What are they? they are little and brown or blackish. they also are pretty fast for a worm and morph into there bettle things

What do they do? are they supposed to be with the crickets or are they a pest?

Are they safe for the crickets? my 1000 crickets usually last about a month or so, but in about 2 weeks they are almost all dead! is that because of the worms???

Are they safe for the beardie??!!??!! m beardie accidentaly ate a few of them!!! will he be ok??

Can they be eaten? this 1 comes from my dad:he thinks that they wont do anything and they will just serve as extra food. could i feed them to my beardie as if they were meant to be feeder worms like mealworms?

ty for any help. if u can plz answet the ?'s the best u can

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those are dermestid beetles + larvae. They won't hurt if your dragon eats them, but they are scavengers which are put in the box to eat the skin sheds from the crix. Not very nutritious and they aren't meant to really be fed to beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom