Wormer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My female beardy izzy recently had worms and has been on panacur and is doing much better. My question is, is there a regular wormer that bearded dragons can go on to prevent any parasites or worms in the future. Like we do for dogs or is there no such thing for reptiles?

I am awaiting the results of her fecal sample so if there is any other parasites they will be treated but I just wondered if there was a preventative treatment available.

Any info greatly appreciated.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
what was your experience with the meds? my beardie has worms and ive just recently decided to go ahead with treatment

sparkybeardyandme

Original Poster
Izzy got on fine with panacur. I got the syrup that you syringe feed them. She had her first dose last week and has to have another one two weeks later. I have ordered a probiotic which should be here soon to give here whilst she's on the wormer just to help the bacteria in her stomach level out. She did have a bit of diarrhea the first day afterwards, but was fine after that.

I think it depends on the type of worms or parasites that you are treating as I know that panacur is a relatively mild mediation so doesn't give them many side effects whereas others can be quite harsh on their system and make them feel quite poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom