WootWoot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Woot Woot!! I am so excited!! I finally found something Harry likes thats green!!!!!!!! He LOVES Cilantro!!! Can't eat it fast enough!! He ate his whole bowl this morning!! This is the first time he finished a bowl of greens since I have had him. I am one Happy Mama!!! :blob5: :blob8:

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Harry is almost 2years old. I got him at 18 months old and I have tried everything to get him to eat his greens. He was addicted to super worms and still is, but I always had a salad available for him. This morning he dove right in when I put the bowl in his viv. I was so excited! He has had the cilantro before, but it was mixed with collards and he ignored it. Today I just tried the Cilantro, because buying greens that just go to waste is hurting my pocket so I decided to try just one thing at a time and score.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moved to Feeding from General Discussion forum.

That's great that he likes the cilantro. Since it has a strong fragrance, now you should be able to put some on top of his daily staple greens and he should get some of those when he eats too.

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We will see, lol. He likes to dig and pick at his food. He has even spit food out that he doesn't like!! He is worse than a toddler, :lol:

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know but at least I got him to eat something. I have that printed and refer to it daily, lol. He is very stubborn and even the squash baby food he loves but only if I hand feed him from a spoon. He will not touch it if I put in a bowl or even on his salad. I even tried putting it on the worms and he flipped the bowl over so it fell off the worms. He is a character, lol. I am going to keep trying eventually I will find something he will like that I can feed him everyday, lol.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Tasty Treat LOVES cilantro. i try to give it to her as treats so she doesn't decide that's the only thing she'll eat. she also loves radicchio, but that can't be fed as a staple. she'll pick out all the pieces from her dish, or knock out the rest of her greens to get to it.

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I want to try the radicchio, but I haven't been able to find it up here. Harry seemed to like it in the spring mix when I bought it and picked at it a little but at $4.00 a bag he doesn't eat it fast enough and it goes bad. I like getting the fresh because it lasts longer and is less expensive.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i've done what others hear said and put the green in a container lined with paper towels, put a paper towel on top and vented the lid. it's lasted much longer this way. i buy the big bag of fresh express spring mix from the wholesale club.

i've seen the radicchio in the produce section of A&P and Pathmark. the A&P by me is small so it's not always there, and that's the one closest to me.

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have never even heard of A&p, lol. I live in the woods so the closest stores to me are Shaws and Hannaford if I want to drive 45 minutes. There is a small store closer I am going to ask them if they can get it. Maybe I will get lucky and they can order it for me.

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LOL - Ya, that will never work with me. I had a really cool plant my hubby bought me. My neighbor had it for a bit and it grew so nice, then my mother in law had it and it thrived and was huge. I got it back and it died within 2 weeks. I do NOT have a green thumb for anything except spider plants. Harry would starve if I tried to grow stuff for him. I am so better off buying it.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Very cool! Our beardie loves anything 'spicy'. Cilantro, Arugula, Mustard Greens, Basil.....we usually mix a little arugula in with his collards. It gets him to eat it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom