Wooden Viv Accessories

Booey123

Beardie name(s)
Rex
Hi all, not sure if this is possible but has anyone sealed or coated their wooden accessories with anything to help the cleaning process? Maverick occasionally decides that the middle of his wooden basking platform and his ladder made of sticks are the best places to go to the toilet 😩 Iv just ordered duplicates so I can clean one and have a back up but looking for ideas. Thanks in advance for any suggestions 🧡

Attachments

• IMG_9045.jpeg
    IMG_9045.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 88

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can seal them with polyurethane but you have to let it cure to zero fumes. Also it may make it harder for him to climb, his nails may not dig in as well.

Booey123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rex
Thank you, he does love to hang off them so maybe I’ll stick to having back ups for when I have to clean. I did do a quick Google on water based polyurethane and it said it took 20 days to fully cure, not the quick fix I’d hoped for haha but worth looking into for other bits. Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom