Wood has splinters

Status
Not open for further replies.

INReptiles

Hatchling Member
So I got two really nice pieces of wood for basking, I have an osage orange piece and another hardwood, but I can't remember what kind off the top of my head. So I was cutting these pieces for firewood and so they have a whole ton of splinters all over them, so my question is, if I cannot get all of the splinters off, can a beardie get the splinters or ingest them, causing impaction? They are mostly little tiny ones that bend incredibly easily, I am trying to pull them all off because I do not have a sander, anyone have any suggestions on quicker (and easier) ways of getting rid of them?

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
You could just use sandpaper. Yes it will take more time, but once you sandpaper it, then it should be good to go. Heck if you wanted, you could seal it with some varnish (would have to let it totally dry before putting back in tank...Until no odor and not sticky) and then you wouldn't have to worry about splinters again. :)

INReptiles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay thanks, I didn't think that would actually work lol. But it did thankfully, didn't take too long either, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom