Won't Open eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz_153

hey everyone, i really need help, I have a beardie thats been with me for just about 3 months, he's a beauty and I love him dearly like my other, but today I noticed he has both his eyes closed, I'm worried, he was just fine a couple days ago. They're in a 40g tank, ceramic tiles, and I have a Zoo-Med MVB bulb. it's been so long since i've been on the forums idk what else to say to describe my tank. they have their woods to climb and a water bowl. i'll attach a video asap of their tank, but in the mean time someone please help
:cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhaCSabFyXk (this is video from this past weekend)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates for us? If you are using the Zoomed Powersun 100 watt, with a red dragon on the front of the box, that would be the newest model that is out. As stated, it has been causing trouble with eyes recently due to the incorrect phosphor blend & wrong type of glass being used.
Please turn the light off & replace it with a bright white light such as a halogen floodlight or a household lightbulb for the basking light.

Tracie

riceko

Hatchling Member
Yes as Tracie said, remove the MVB bulb and replace it with a normal household or basking light. Bearded Dragons can go a week or so without UVB and not suffer any ill health... and this will give him time to let his eyes heal. Although I suggest ordering or buying a new UVB/MVB bulb immediately so you have one to connect once his eyes are all better.
If you wish to buy a separate UVB light, the Reptisun 10.0 TUBE UVB is recommended. Or if you wish to go with an MVB, T-Rex and Megaray bulbs have not been known to cause any of the problems which the ZooMed PowerSun has.
Most Bearded Dragons can heal on their own... opening of the eyes usually occurs within a week or two. Even though they do heal in their own time, it is really recommended that you take him in for a veterinary exam to ensure he has not developed an infection. Some signs of infection are: Redness, swelling, mucous discharge or weepiness. Most likely he is just closing his eyes, which should not be a cause for worry.

Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom