Wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rah

Hey, I got a 3 month old beardie, for the past 2 days or so, he hasn't been eating alot. Ive dusted the crickets with calcium, yesterday with calcium + multivitamin. He seemingly eats it when I'm not looking seeing how they are no more in the viv. NEvertheless, I wake up this morn, turn his lights on only to see his sh1t. Now, it doesn't look how his normal sh1t does, it was kind of a deformed shape rather looking like a rice grain and it had 2 red dots in it. I dropped two crickets in there to see if he'd eat, he wouldn't move from the corner. When I try to lift him out of his tank for some human companionship, he jumps outta my hands before i lift him out of the viv. Just wondering if this would be something that would pass instead of being told I gotta take him to the vet everytime something's a bit off.

Rah

Original Poster
he's not scared of me, when he wants water he'll go to the corner of the viv that has the water cup and sit there until i give him water, which i just did. nevertheless, he just woke up like 20-30 min ago and hasn't eaten his crickets yet. Also, as of right now, when I try and lift him up, he'll run away and lift his tail up in the aware sense.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm...is there anyway you can take pics of the poops? I heard that rice-looking poop can be some sort of worm.

Can you answer these questions about your setup so we can help you?

1) What UVB light are you using?
2) How close can the BD get to the UVB light?
3) What is the basking spot temperature?
4) What are you using to measure the temperature?
5) What temperature is the cool end of the tank?
6) What size enclosure is your beardie in?
7) What substrate is your beardie on?
8) How old is your beardie and what size is he?
9) What do you offer for food?
10) How often does he eat?
11) How often does he have bowel movements and what is their consistency?
12) Have you had a fecal done on him ever?

Rah

Original Poster
I just scooped it out and flushed it down the toilet. I think he might've just had some diarrhea.

1) What UVB light are you using?
What came in the Zilla Deluxe Kit
2) How close can the BD get to the UVB light?
Pretty close, hes got a branch that he climbs on to get real close to the bulb
3) What is the basking spot temperature?
around 95-105
4) What are you using to measure the temperature?
temp gauges
5) What temperature is the cool end of the tank?
6) What size enclosure is your beardie in?
30 incher
7) What substrate is your beardie on?
Alfalfa meal
8) How old is your beardie and what size is he?
3 months old, 4 inches i believe
9) What do you offer for food?
crickets
10) How often does he eat?
not too sure, sometimes when i drop crickets in sometimes, he'll go after em. i'd leave like 2 more in there and they'd usually be gone, sometimes he doesnt eat. all he does is bask in the light
11) How often does he have bowel movements and what is their consistency?
he has regular bowel movements, about everyday or so, i'll see one or two ****s.
12) Have you had a fecal done on him ever?
no sir i havent as i've gotten him just last month from PJ's Pet store in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom