Wits end

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Guysssss I am going to loose my mind.

First, Nova refused to eat. To which we discovered, eggs are starting. She's finally eating a bit more, not much. But now, all she does is scratch and scratch and freaking scratch at her tank. All day long. And when we let her out, she tries her damndest to jump on top of the babies cage.

What in the heck is her problem.?? Do I just let her scratch or give in every single time she starts up.? Is there a middle ground that won't drive me insane.?

Attachments

• 20230430_150533.jpg
    20230430_150533.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 54

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is the sand in the dig box i see in the background moist? If not moisten it enough to hold a burrow, that might calm her down a little. If she is gravid she will want to make a burrow for a nest to lay eggs.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Is the sand in the dig box i see in the background moist? If not moisten it enough to hold a burrow, that might calm her down a little. If she is gravid she will want to make a burrow for a nest to lay eggs.
The vet did confirm follicles are starting for eggs and that was maybe two weeks ago.? It's not moist but it's calcium sand, will that stay moist enough to make a burrow for her.? She's been wanting in it but hasn't been digging the last week or two, just sits in it for a minute then hops out.

Her scratching makes me feel bad and drives me insane at the same time and I don't know what to do

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The vet did confirm follicles are starting for eggs and that was maybe two weeks ago.? It's not moist but it's calcium sand, will that stay moist enough to make a burrow for her.? She's been wanting in it but hasn't been digging the last week or two, just sits in it for a minute then hops out.

Her scratching makes me feel bad and drives me insane at the same time and I don't know what to do
Digbox for laying info
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom