Wish your BD would eat greens?Careful what u wish 4!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
LOL

For those who think their beardie will never eat their greens, have hope! :mrgreen:

Razz had always ignored his greens. Well, when we first got him as a 7wk old baby he took a few bites but then quit that :roll:

Long story short, one day he went to his dish and started chowing down on his greens! Big time. :mrgreen:

For 5 days in a row, he ate his greens.

But then...I noticed he was getting full on greens and ignoring his dubia! *sigh*.

So, although I could not believe I actually had to deny him his greens as the first thing offered in the morning; that is exactly what I had to do LOL. It took 3 days of putting his dubia in first....the first day he ignored them for hours until *I* broke down and gave him his salad :roll:

Now, I do give him his salad and dubia at the same time, but he *always* eats salad first. (btw, he is 19 weeks now, still a juvie) It might be an hour or a few hours before he eats any dubia. I keep the dubia in his viv all day and he does eventually eat them enough.

So, don't give up hope, some dragons will catch on suddenly! I once posted how Razzle SPIT a green out that I had tricked into him...and I mean a spit...evil eye of course followed and then the *turned his back*, one more turn of the head with evil eye again to me LOL Quite the expression of his distaste! :mrgreen:

~Sherri

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi SoleSky :)

I think you have already tried the tough love, yes? Only giving BeeGee salad for a few days, no bugs?

What other things have you tried in the salad?

Shredded carrots? Razz was eating carrots long before he tried salad. I would shred it and put it on my finger for him to lick off.

*IF* BeeGee (oh, I have been meaning to post on your thread how I LOVE that name! Excellent choice!) will eat something shredded from your finger, then do that and start putting a little bit of finely shredded collard in it. Of course I am not sure if he will eat from your hand yet :roll:

Be sure to feed your feeders collard greens...a lot, they will have the tase of them somewhat which may help.

What I was about to try with Razz was to shred some collard greens up very very fine, even blend them a bit and put them ON a few feeder bugs so when he ate them he would get the taste of greens. Maybe you could try that.

There must be a dozen or more ways to try and I was about to start going down the list! LOL :mrgreen:

~Sherri

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
:D My beardie's name is BeeGee, but I know somebody on here was Mufasa's owner :). Yeah Bee eats squash sometimes so that's a start but he won't touch his collards. I've tried a dozen things, will try tough love soon once his weight evens out :)

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Eee gads! Know what? I knew that! LOL

Don't know why I wrote Mufasa??? :oops: But I did post on BeeGees thread I believe lol. I changed my post to give name credit where it is due LOL :mrgreen:

Glad he likes squash! That should do it then...

~Sherri

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
HAHA :lol: That's alright and yeah you have posted :). It's funny, you actually made my day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom