Winter Weather is here, is this okay to use as night heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYPets

Hatchling Member
I've noticed since it started snowing a couple days ago :angry5: , the temp in my bedroom (and house) is getting pretty low since we are only using a Kerosene heater and a plug in heater to heat the top level. It's getting just below 65 and my beardie gets stone cold during the night. Since his tank is in my bedroom I really don't want a light on all night (no red or blue bulbs), I also do not have a thermostat yet so I do not want to get an UTH (under tank heater).

I guess this light just puts out heat without any light, so this would be decent being in a bedroom at night. I would take out his basking bulb and replace it with this light so that he still gets heat after the lights go out. I plan on getting the smallest wattage bulb, so it doesn't get hot-hot. I'm only looking to keep it in the 70s to low 80s for the night time temps.

This is the light: http://www.bigappleherp.com/Big-Apple-Black-Infrared-Ceramic-Emitters?sc=2&category=13#

If this is not a good light and know of something better please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
A CHE (ceramic heat emitter) is ideal for providing a dragon with night time heat. It's over their head so there's no risk of burning (a potential problem with heat mats), and it puts off no light to disrupt either your sleep or the dragon's sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom