*Wink Wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
That's what Eva's been doing lately. I just got her over the weekend, and we're already O.K. with each other. She lets me hold her, and climbs around, then falls asleep on the back of my neck (where I can't get her.... grr!). But lately I've been wondering, why does she only close one eye sometimes? I'll be sitting there, gently running my finger down her back with the occasional pat, and she'll close one eye halfway. The other one remains open and bright-eyed. Is something wrong here, or is she just winking at me? ("Thaaaaat's the spot...." :lol: )

Should I be worried?

And on the subject of her eyes, she seems to close them differently than the dragons in the pictures I've seen on this site. The sleeping dragons on here appear to have a filmy-looking eyelid.... Evalyn doesn't really, she actually closes her eyes. Grr. Eva has some pretty weird eyes....

-- Jacqui

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Eye ping pong! Digger does that all the time, he'll open up one eye, close that one and the other one is open; ometimes I think he closed one eye to focus better on something that catches his attention. Also depending on where I rub his head he'll either close one eye or both, He's been doing this for over 5 years now, so I assume it's normal!

Thinker

All 3 of my beardies do that often. Considering their eye placement, I think that perhaps they see two different pictures with both eyes open, not the stereoscopic vision we humans enjoy. They may close one eye to better concentrate on the picture that most interests them, or to block out the picture that is irritating them. Is this the case?

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Eye ping pong, LOL! Jasper used to do this to me all the time. If I was bothering him too much, he would simply close the eye that was looking at me. If I turned him to see his other eye, he would open the first eye and then close the second one. :lol:

Tatty

Juvie Member
My three beardies do this constantly. I think they do this to concentrate on what interests them most. Or it may be a sign of trust. Lots of time when I am stroking their little heads, the eye next to me will close and the other one is open. I think they do these to see what else is going on. I noticed when I first adopted Cooper, he wouldn't close his eyes at all. Now he will close the one next to me or often both which I interprete as the ultimate sign of trust.

Tatty :)

Elaina

Juvie Member
Jasper's Mom":2de05 said:
Eye ping pong, LOL! Jasper used to do this to me all the time. If I was bothering him too much, he would simply close the eye that was looking at me. If I turned him to see his other eye, he would open the first eye and then close the second one. :lol:

I am laughing may #@*! off over here!!!! I think they all do it. My guys have always done it. My iggy did it. Its a herp thing. Its cool. I wish I could do that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom