Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). Personally I wouldn't buy it. You don't know what kind of wood it is made out of. Beardies can die if they are housed in pine or cedar wood. If it is made of plywood in there is a good chance it has either one of those woods in it. I would made my own or look for a 40 gallon breeder tank on Craigslist.

eleethesontai

Original Poster
I was not aware of the dangers of pine or cedar. I emailed the lady and asked her the kind of wood and she says it is particle board (which looks right if u see the pictures of the stand where it is scratched). From what I have seen in searches on this forum particle board is fine if treated appropriately.

I would live to build my own and this was my initial intent. But way more expensive then I thought. The plexiglass alone is 30 dollars not to mention the melamine would be another 60ish.

dociledragons

Juvie Member
I would get it. If your worried about fumes from possible ceder you can seal the wood by painting it. Still lots cheaper the making one from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom