Will this equipment work for my first bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanater

This list is long but if u want to help me not mess up with my first bearded dragon then read if you want or don't.
1.36 inches long by 18 inches width and 12 inches tall terrarium with front door for easy access.
2.Zoo Med Deluxe Porcelain Clamp Lamp with 21.6cm Dome, Black for 150 watts.
3.Zoo med eco carpet instead of sand because impaction.
3.HDE High Accuracy Non-Contact Infrared IR Temperature Gun Digital Thermometer,my only way i'll be using to check temperature.
4.Zoo Med Reptivite, with Vitamin D3, 2-Ounce,Zoo Med Reptile Calcium Plus (6oz),Repashy calcium with Vitamin D3, 8-Ounce as my powders to add to there food.
5.upgraded Spill-Proof Handheld Multi-PURPOSE Chemical FREE Pressurized Steam Cleaner for stain removal, curtains, crevasses with 9 FREE Accessories By Zitronik,the way i'll clean the terrarium.
6.Intermatic TN311C 120 Volt Heavy Duty Grounded Timer,Timer for my lights.
7.Velcro Usa Consumer Pdts 90593 Industrial Strength Fastener Tape, Black, 4-Ft. x 2-In. - Quantity 2,to hold any lamps in place.
8.Surge protected power bar
9.Scale to check his growth,plastic containers for bath time when hes older.
10.Original Betadine Povidone-Iodine Topical Ointment 60 Grams,OXBOW Critical Care Pet Supplement, 141 grams,Acidophiliz+ as med supplies and some syringes without the needles.
11.Zoo Med OS524 26061 Reptisun 10.0 T5-Ho Uvb 24W Fluorescent Lamp, 22"
12.Zoo Med ReptiCare Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter 100 Watts (30-40 Gal)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Ryanater":7phifq43 said:
This list is long but if u want to help me not mess up with my first bearded dragon then read if you want or don't.
1.36 inches long by 18 inches width and 12 inches tall terrarium with front door for easy access.
This will get small faster than you think, adults require more space...2x2x4 is recommended
what wattage basking bulb? Remember... no colored lights!!!
Yes, much better than any loose substrate but hard to keep clean, you will need two of them so you will have one to put in while cleaning the other.
3.HDE High Accuracy Non-Contact Infrared IR Temperature Gun Digital Thermometer,my only way i'll be using to check temperature.
Awsome choice
4.Zoo Med Reptivite, with Vitamin D3, 2-Ounce,Zoo Med Reptile Calcium Plus (6oz),Repashy calcium with Vitamin D3, 8-Ounce as my powders to add to there food.
D3 supplements shouldn't be needed with the 10.0 t5 ho, it will allow him to make his own.
5.upgraded Spill-Proof Handheld Multi-PURPOSE Chemical FREE Pressurized Steam Cleaner for stain removal, curtains, crevasses with 9 FREE Accessories By Zitronik,the way i'll clean the terrarium.
again.... Awesome !!!
very good
7.Velcro Usa Consumer Pdts 90593 Industrial Strength Fastener Tape, Black, 4-Ft. x 2-In. - Quantity 2,to hold any lamps in place.
good idea
10.Original Betadine Povidone-Iodine Topical Ointment 60 Grams,OXBOW Critical Care Pet Supplement, 141 grams,Acidophiliz+ as med supplies and some syringes without the needles.
good to be prepared
excellent
excellent

Seems that you are starting out very well!!!

Ryanater

Original Poster
Gormagon":28oknw1e said:
Ryanater":28oknw1e said:
This will get small faster than you think, adults require more space...2x2x4 is recommended
Yes, much better than any loose substrate but hard to keep clean, you will need two of them so you will have one to put in while cleaning the other.
Awsome choice
D3 supplements shouldn't be needed with the 10.0 t5 ho, it will allow him to make his own.
again.... Awesome !!!
very good
good idea
good to be prepared
excellent
excellent

I said the wattage was 150 and the last thing number 12 is it a good light just for the middle of the terrarium and the zoo med to be for basking and i'll have another light just to light up the cold area.I'll look for a bigger terrarium

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
#12 is a ceramic heat emitter, you won't really need it unless the temp in your house drops below 65° at night. No lights at all at night, they like it cool and dark to sleep.

A 150watt light will be way to hot for that small viv. I heat my 2x2x4 with a 75watt.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Ryanater":1ylojkak said:
Gormagon":1ylojkak said:
Ryanater":1ylojkak said:
1.36 inches long by 18 inches width and 12 inches tall terrarium with front door for easy access. <<< will be OK for a hatchling or a juvenile under 18 months old.

<<< dispense with reptile carpet - it's a waste of $, use sheets of absorbant tuff paper toweling , raid mum's pantry , she''ll have a few rolls there , this stuff makes cleaning dead easy.

I suggest a 200ml bottle F10sc and a F10 Spray bottle for sterilizing when accidents happen.

A few of these are handy ,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-LCD-Digital-Temperature-Thermometer-Fridge-Freezer-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Reptile/252084914332?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107090050%26meid%3D450e46efddef44188fd1ac388f77861b%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D391259141696
you can dangle their probes in strategic spots in the viv and see the temperatures at any time at a glance, this will be either air + IR radiation temp (dangling not touching a surface)
or air + IR radiation + surface temp if in contact to a surface.

Awsome choice
again.... Awesome !!!
very good <<< something similar (set up for 120V 60Hz) to this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-DAY-DIGITAL-TIMER-HPM/291832537141?_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3D1495e3551b12404d893f2a2cfd654676%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D20%26sd%3D152355604377 , I've used this kind of timer for years and it's been trouble free.

8.Surge protected power bar <<<< a powerboard is handy, note some reptile thermostat are very FAT so get a 8 socket one like the USA equiv of this https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/hpm-12-outlet-surge-protected-powerboard-hpd10512tr

9.Scale to check his growth, <<< I use the kitchen digital scales
plastic containers for bath time when hes older.
good idea
10.Original Betadine Povidone-Iodine Topical Ointment 60 Grams,OXBOW Critical Care Pet Supplement, 141 grams,
<<<Betadiene is handy to have , but I think Oxbow CC sup has a limited shelf life so best to get this when it's needed.
Acidophiliz+ as med supplies and some syringes without the needles.
good to be prepared
<<< never needed to use it. I'd ask about it's shelf life.
excellent << is a good choice , be sure to mount this under the screen lid NOT ONTOP.
excellent

<<< switching type thermostat with remote probe (on end of long cable) , to control the operation of the CHE , simply set the thermostat to the require temperature (for the bed area) and let it run 24/7, when the basking lamp is on , this will warm up the viv to over the temp for the CHE and the thermostat will simply cut the power the CHE.

I said the wattage was 150 and the last thing number 12 is it a good light just for the middle of the terrarium and the zoo med to be for basking and i'll have another light just to light up the cold area.I'll look for a bigger terrarium

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
A 150W basking globe will be way too powerful unless you mount it a fair way above the viv using something like a Komodo Lamp Stand see http://www.komodoproducts.com/komodo-light-stand.html

Will be a matter of trial and error to find the right basking bulb wattage and distance from the bulb to the basking spot to get
basking spot temp = 40 - 42degC
daytime warm zone temp = 34degC (--ish)

You will find the ambient temperature in the room has a huge influence on this.

If you invest in Philips par38 clear colourless incandescent domestic spot globe (or equivalent) , these are dimmable , can use a dimmer to adjust the globe's heat output (wattage).
Can do the same (?) with domestic par38 halogen spot globes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom