Will only eat on branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLB85

I think my beardie has turned arboreal :lol: She's about 9 weeks old and seems to rarely come down from her branch. She won't even eat if the bugs aren't on her branch and come to her. I'm not sure if I've spoiled her too much because I tend to put the buggies in front of her on her branch, because if I don't, she won't eat. I have tried leaving bugs in a bowl for her, and she won't eat all day. Sometimes in the morning she'll come down to chase them around, but she's even doing that less these days. I'd like to get her to eat out of a bowl, but I don't want to starve her out to do this. I'm sure she would go days without eating if there were bugs on her branch. She looks at the bowl from above and seems interested in the bugs, but never comes down for them. Any suggestions?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
She's smart .... she knows the insects are going to be attracted to the bright basking light and the UV light, so she's found it's more energy efficient to sit there and wait for the food to crawl to her , where she simply waits for them get in range of her tongue and then wham ! no more insect.

My beardies all did / do this especially once they worked out that I had a predictable feeding routine and that they were going to be fed a few times per day as hatchlings, they then became more laid back about the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom