Wierd Skin Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Hi,

Our local technical center's small animal management class has received the beardie in the pictures as an owner surrender. They have beardie experience, but the skin issue he has is not anything they have seen before. So they contacted me because I have helped them before with other beardie related issues and I have not seen this either.

I would really appreciate your experienced opinions as to both what it might be and how it would be treated. I was sent the pictures today and will actually not see him myself until tomorrow night.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Tracy

Beardie2.jpg

Beardie1.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
Its hard to tell with such small pics but the first thing I though of was a scar from a burn. It could be a infection/fungus but we really need a larger, closer pic.

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Gail--I know the pictures are not great. They are pictures that the instructor sent me today. I will be going out for an open house and the technical center tomorrow night and I will take my camera with me so that I can get some decent pictures and from a few different angles.

I had pondered scarring too, but as you said with such small pictures it is hard to tell.

Thank you for your thoughts. :)

Tracy

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Looks almost like white out from the pictures, can you get a clear closer image?
Getting a skin biopsy of the area would be the only 100% way to know what and or if something like fungus is there.

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":1uyh8ayp said:
Looks almost like white out from the pictures, can you get a clear closer image?
Getting a skin biopsy of the area would be the only 100% way to know what and or if something like fungus is there.

I will get better pictures tomorrow night--those were taken with the instructors cell phone and texted to me.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
wingnuts":1n9ddo5o said:
Beardednoob":1n9ddo5o said:

I will get better pictures tomorrow night--those were taken with the instructors cell phone and texted to me.
Sorry I posted while the other post was posting.

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
I would try washing him first XD It really does look like someone deliberately put stuff on him, like white-out (being that this is an owner surrender). Then go from there, haha.I thought of a fungus, put that is very strange looking!

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Piebald dragons are only produced by 2 breeders of my knowledge and they can't produce them regularly. If you could post a bigger pic, we could help more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom