Why would she eat that??!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meadow just ate from what my daughter described as a small chunk of red crayon. The size of my pinky nail. I told her to calm down, that she will most likey digest it, or pass it. AFter all it is just wax, and some people feed theier bearidies mice!
Any idea how long i should wait untill it should in theory pass??????

Any help would be great!

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
Um... Well, I had a similar situation a couple of months ago. It depends on how big the chunk of crayon was.

It is the size of a pinky nail? I'm not sure what to say...

Well, Meadow probably ate it because she thought it was food. Do you feed her any food that is red? She could've thought it was one of them. You would have to look up if a beardie that swallows wax the size of a pinky nail is okay.

Then again, it could've gotten stuck in her throat. If that happened, you must go to a vet. If it's stuck, chances are it's not going down any time soon. That's what happened to my beardie, Ollie. Anyways, it's feeding time for him. Wax worms... Yummy. Hope this helped!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I agree that it will probably pass, but there are several things you can do to make it pass easier. You can feed applesauce (sugar free), pumpkin (sugar free, no spices, etc), or squash baby food. You can add a drop or two of olive oil to any of these. Also, give daily warm baths. As for why she ate it, beardies are VERY curious. Mine has tried to eat newspaper, the tips from my hair brush, a dog toy, and even my TOENAILS (still on my foot) just this week lol. She LOVES raspberries and when she sees anything red she has to test to see if it's a raspberry. I have to be careful about what is out when she is roaming because ANYTHING is fair game!

Edit- after talking to several moderators, I think it may be best to use the pumpkin or applesauce WITHOUT olive oil because no one knows how the wax would react to olive oil.

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
THANKS so muxh guys. I asked my daughter after if it was smaller then and egg she lays and she said yes. So I think im a little calmer now ( although i know they dont follow the same paths). I will try the baby food and olive oil. She didnt choke as it went down. She ate a TON of crix last night. I also have never fed her anything red LOL Rasberries are still really pricey here so i havent tried those yet. We will soon though.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I would actually not do the olive oil. Like I said, I talked to a couple of the moderators here and no one knows how wax would react to olive oil so we think it might be better to just use applesauce or pumpkin.

MissT

BD.org Addict
A few days on a liquid diet would be my way of dealing with it (Kazi recently snapped off part of a pen cap). There is a good chance you wont see it pass tho - the pen cap I recently dealt with was fully enclosed in Kazi's poop.... some 'poop diving' may be in order here!! :puke:

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
Will do!!! She's a big pig and likes her crix, so we will see how to likes the baby food LOL I'll tub her and try that later in the day. She usually poops in the morning by lunch, I want to see how that goes first.
Thanks agian to everyone for thier help!!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
It was 2 days after he ate it that Kazi pooped it - in saying that, it was the first poop after he ate it!

Good luck!!

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
She had a normal poop, no crayon. I gave her baby food and a bath today as well. I did check the poop too make sure LOL I"m a nurse, it isn't anything I haven't down before . I'll keep checking. She seems in good spirits, a very nice milky colour ( she's a transulcent).

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Good to hear she doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects. We could really have a whole forum called "Why Would He/She Eat That?", couldn't we? :laughing6:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Haha, that would be such a good idea! I think about 99% of us have had a beardie that has eaten something it shouldnt have (or several things it shouldnt have!!)

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
Ugh... Tell me about it. My beardie once ate a Bionicle (Lego) piece the size of... well... a Bionicle piece!!! We had to go to the vet to get it taken out of his throat! This happened before I had an account on this website.

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
After poop diving again this morning ( and some gaggine...man it was a stinky one! :puke: ) I found what looks to be red crayon particles. They aren't blood, and they are waxy just like a crayong, so I'm thinking she' digested it as this is the second post swallow poop. I will keep checking for the next few days though. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom