why red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobi

Hi im Emma the owner of Kobi :D . I recentley painted my nails a rather bright red and Kobi is absolutly fascinated!!! :roll:
When i put my finger upto his tank he darts to the front glass and follows my finger as if magnet attatched??? he dosent appear to be aggressive towards it but will try to lick my fingernail.The shop where Kobi came from has only fed him black crickets so does anyone know why he could be doing this????????

kobi

Original Poster
Hello Dawn :wave:
Thank you for relpying to my question.Im new to the world of beardie keeping and although im educating myself as much as possible :study: i hadnt read that fact anywhere. Dawn the pet shop owner told me to feed Kobi 3-5 small cricket every other day :? Kobi is approx 5/6inches head to tail and apparently 6/8 weeks old, Dawn this doesnt seem alot to me and most reserch seems to suggests feeding him at least once everyday :? Could you give any advise on this ? thanks

twyliteskyz

Hatchling Member
kobi":a5d5f said:
Hello Dawn :wave:
Thank you for relpying to my question.Im new to the world of beardie keeping and although im educating myself as much as possible :study: i hadnt read that fact anywhere. Dawn the pet shop owner told me to feed Kobi 3-5 small cricket every other day :? Kobi is approx 5/6inches head to tail and apparently 6/8 weeks old, Dawn this doesnt seem alot to me and most reserch seems to suggests feeding him at least once everyday :? Could you give any advise on this ? thanks
whoa, that doesnt sound right at all, mines 6 inches too an he is eating like 20-40, heck i cant even count how many, i just replace them as he eats them up lol, but you should give him as much as he will eat before he gets sick from not getting enough food in him . and put calcium powered on them, as suggested in the caresheets

qhgirl1

He should be fed as many crickets as he'll eat in a 15 minute time frame 2-3 times a day. Its possible for him to eat up to 100 crickets a day.

andras

Hatchling Member
you've got to feed him every day. a few times a day in fact. my beardie is about 5-6 months old and eats 40-50 crickets a day. use the 15 minute time limit that was mentioned by qhgirl1. they can be overfed so make sure you don't feed too long.

supertrisha

Juvie Member
As well as being attracted to bright shiny things, there's a good chance he's just curious. This could be a good thing- at some point, you will begin adding fruits and veggies and greens to his diet- this curiousity could help him transition to a different diet. You could already try giving him small pieces of strawberry or other brightly colored fruit, knowing he is attracted to them already. Dragon always comes up and licks at new things in his cage- especially bright colored things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom