why isnt my bearded dragon eating much live food

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakedragon

Juvie Member
so her main source of live food are dubia roaches. she was on small ones, but ive moved her upto medium ones. (they arent too big or anything for her) well i dont know if its cause she was shedding, but she hardly eats any of them. i normally feed her 2x a day and i will put in around 10 roaches in per feed, but she will usually only eat 2, maybe 4 at the most. and i know when she has had enough because she will go to the toilet.

also im not sure but is it possible she just isnt that hungry now in the morning (i feed her at 9am) then again at 4pm.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
That is not always the case. When my female had parasites she ate normal. You ca usually tell by the poo. If it is runny and smelly you probably have parasites

drakedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
brittani299":3bs58tkm said:
By the sound from all your other posts, I think she is just going through slow down it is normal

is it normal at her age though, cause she is only just about 4 months old

brittani299

Extreme Poster
oh no not really. I got you mixed up with another person. I post a lot :p. Your uvb is reptisun 10.0 tube right?

drakedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
brittani299":1qtd9nl4 said:
oh no not really. I got you mixed up with another person. I post a lot :p. Your uvb is reptisun 10.0 tube right?

lol. i use the arcadia 12% D3+ uvb bulb. its only 2 months old. i think she is getting bored of the roaches. i tried feeding her 4 earlier and i left her alone for 15 mins, when i came back they were all still there. so i chucked in some crickets i had left and left her and she ate all of those. think there were about 15.

carlisv

Hatchling Member
We alternate our live feeders - superworms, Phoenix worms, and butter worms. We always have all three around the house so we feed each one maybe once a week (our two are adults so don't get critters every day). We throw in the occasional batch of crickets or wax worms for variety, but so far this combination seems to please them both.

drakedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
jwideman":ugzasgbm said:
Yeah, they do get tired of just one food.

lol. its just typical when i bought her 200 medium roaches and now she doesnt want to eat them. well she will either have to starve today or eat them, since i cant get her any crickets until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom