why is my boy cor acting lathargic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
my dragon s set up is a forty gallon breeder. for lighting i have 10.0 reptisun less then a foot away from him with a che heater and basking bulb he eats like once a week. he wasnt like that his temps are good but he just rearly wants to eat i offer him veggies and crickets and supper worms and he just wont budge man i only feed him supperworms like two days ago? he lost tremendous amout of weight !how do i fat him up?

tweet0302

Juvie Member
I heard butter worms and wax worms will do the trick but wax worms are mainly for treats cuz if I'm not mistaking they are high in fat

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
What are the temps in your tank? and what do you take them with? If the temps aren't warm enough for him he won't be hungry, the same if the uvb is on it's last legs as far as giving out correct uvb is concerned. The tube you have needs to be between 6 and 8 inches from his basking spot.

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Can i see pictures of your guys set up to see if i can get ideas i take temps with a zoomed digital probe.its avout 99.7-100.2

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The temps sound ok. You could try to bump them up a little bit maybe that will work. How old is your uvb tube? When the uvb is giving off less uvb that tends to make their appetite diminish, at least it does for our girls.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Is that the temp at the basking spot? Perhaps you could post a pic of your set up. Usually one does not use a CHE along with a basking bulb. What is the wattage and type of the basking bulb? Does he get baths or drink water? He could be dehydrated. I also wonder if he's too hot. Both can cause lethargy and loss of appetite. How old is he? How long have you had him?

ryback

Hatchling Member
Usually lethargy could be impaction. You feed superworms a few days ago and is your dragon at least 16 inches long. If not then impaction could be a on going problem with the superworms. Has your beardie pooped lately but then you say lost a lot of weight. Is your UVB blocked in anyway mesh or the plastic cover most fixtures have. How are you giving calcium could be a mbd bone disease with weight loss. If you do raise your basking spot temp keep hydrated. When not eating dehydration comes quickly and dehydration with what I heard gets them on a eating strike as well. Where does your beardie spend most of his or her time cool end or basking area. Check your cool end temps 78-82 work well for older dragons not sure with baby's. hope this helps and with weight loss I can rule out brumation. About all I can say with what I can go by with the info on this topic. Hope it helps and if not a bump could be needed.

sanchezjc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
His poop is huge he poops regularly and the uvb tube is very new got it in november.i fed him supper worms but he hasnt wanted to eat much

ryback

Hatchling Member
I would try more fluids by mouth so you know dehydration isn't the cause of loss of appetite. If that doesn't help you may want to get a fecal done. Parasites cause loss of appetite and weigh loss. Acidophiliz helps with good gut flora but usually given after meds like albon. Loss of appetite could be more then one thing. I would recommend checking over your setup. To be sure everything is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom