Why is my beardies tail black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you put the water dish right under the basking light, it will help bring it up faster. Also, putting a very absorbent sponge on the other side will also help. You're not using a heat emitter during the day, are you?

Lycan

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok I'll also get a sponge, The only heat source is the 100 watt UVA heat bulb. I also put on the Aloe vera, how many times a day should I reapply?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can apply it 3 times a day but each time make sure you get all the aloe vera off by using a soft toothbrushor it will just build up and it forms like a shield that won't penetrate through the skin. I found that out myself. Tonight before he goes to bed, get the aloe vera off and use the vegetable oil. The paper towel should stay on the tail very well if you wrap it around somewhat snuggly. Let me know how it goes.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Thanks again, Diane! Your advice is always much appreciated.

Good luck with the tail wrap tonight, Lycan.
Let us know how your beardie's tail is looking tomorrow.

Lycan

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so its day two of doing everything everyone has advised and the skin is not coming off, it is so weird the lighter skin lines up right with her scales. The tail has lightened up a little but no shed is coming off. I'll keep at it but just giving an update.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good sign that it is lightening up rather than staying real dark. Please be sure to keep us updated.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Glad to hear your beardies tail is not getting any darker. Hopefully soon the skin will start to loosen.
Please do keep us updated and let us know if there are any changes.

Lycan

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you I will, she doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all so hopefully it will eventually come off.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
That will work! Just want to make sure her tail is definitely getting better and not any worse. :wink:
Have a great day at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom