Why do my super worms keep dying when I seperate them

Status
Not open for further replies.

bierdieman

Hatchling Member
I read up on how to breed super worms and the main way I am seeing to do that is to seperate them. Well I seperate them into a container with little compartments with no food (I read that that is supposed to force them to pupate) and they keep dying ALL OF THEM. Now I did this with my meal worms and that was super successful> Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong or if I am forgetting something.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
You poked holes in the compartments right?

It takes a lot of energy for them to change into beetles, so only the biggest and fatest will survive. If you pick out only the fatest ones and put them somewhere warm they should make the first step of the change in 7-10 days.............for a day or 2 before they make the change they will look dead, don't consider them dead until they are black.

bierdieman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok I didn't have that much heat just room temp so I will try that. And they apeared to be dead
They were smushy and smelled but they wernt very fat though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom