Why do I worry so much?

noella5088

Juvie Member
I don't know why, but I know he does gape normally to thermoregulate himself while he's hot and trying to cool off for his night. He did gape while on me. I moved him to the arm of my chair so he could cool down. I have noticed him thermoregulating while asleep. I think that's what caused me to worry about RI. He did get cold in the shower because the hot water heater broke and I quickly heated up water on the stove for him. So, I was giving him warm water soaks regardless.

But some days, I worry myself out of my wits about Maya. Maybe I'm worried about losing him because his habits have changed.
One: He didn't like baths. He would poop in his tank and I'd clean it. Now he doesn't poop anywhere but in his bath. Then he's miserable after 2-3 days. He poops ok and has a soft urate.
He did eat real good by handfeeding.
He didn't eat much today and we'll see how he is tomorrow during his hand feeding.

I'm a worry wart?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I don't know why, but I know he does gape normally to thermoregulate himself while he's hot and trying to cool off for his night. He did gape while on me. I moved him to the arm of my chair so he could cool down. I have noticed him thermoregulating while asleep. I think that's what caused me to worry about RI. He did get cold in the shower because the hot water heater broke and I quickly heated up water on the stove for him. So, I was giving him warm water soaks regardless.

But some days, I worry myself out of my wits about Maya. Maybe I'm worried about losing him because his habits have changed.
One: He didn't like baths. He would poop in his tank and I'd clean it. Now he doesn't poop anywhere but in his bath. Then he's miserable after 2-3 days. He poops ok and has a soft urate.
He did eat real good by handfeeding.
He didn't eat much today and we'll see how he is tomorrow during his hand feeding.

I'm a worry wart?
Our lizard babies sure do find ways to make us worry, don’t sweat it, your not alone 😅 gaping isn’t much of a worry, more so if he has discharge of the sorts from the mouth or heavy/laboured breathing. I wouldn’t think it would be an RI but hey, I’m no vet.

Eating less isn’t much of an issue as long as he isn’t losing weight, they go through hunger strikes sometimes or are genuinely not hungry. We actually overfeed them A LOT in captivity but in the wild they can thrive off of way less then 10 bugs a day.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Our lizard babies sure do find ways to make us worry, don’t sweat it, your not alone 😅 gaping isn’t much of a worry, more so if he has discharge of the sorts from the mouth or heavy/laboured breathing. I wouldn’t think it would be an RI but hey, I’m no vet.

Eating less isn’t much of an issue as long as he isn’t losing weight, they go through hunger strikes sometimes or are genuinely not hungry. We actually overfeed them A LOT in captivity but in the wild they can thrive off of way less then 10 bugs a day.
He quit eating bugs. Has no interest in them. He'll turn away if I offer him a bug. I'm trying to ensure that he gets some bugs in to his diet by mixing some Repashy Beardie buffet with his salads. I started to give him more supplement food powders (From beardeddragon.co every day. I buy a lot of slurry powders because he won't eat greens plain anymore. No labored breathing/ or discharge thankfully. He's 9 years old. Doesn't eat on his own anymore. I offer him greens, he'll eat one or two pieces and then bat my hand away or shake his head. I'll offer him something else. Same result. So that's how he tells me he's not interested.
He's also on Milk Thistle for his liver, Black Cherry Powder for his kidneys, (I have liquid calcium and multivitamins in the fridge.) He loves Spirulina and loves to rub it all over my shirt when he's had enough too. LOL.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom