Why choose dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
I have always had as many animals as I could manage. As a kid I had dogs, cats, parakeets, anoles, geckos, various fish, horses, hermit crabs...basically anything that wasn't a rodent, my parents let me keep. When I went to college, it was my first time on my own without a pet. I had to leave my dog and my cat with my parents, and I was really lonely. My second year of school it got worse, so I got a baby corn snake from the pet store. I really wanted rats, but didn't know how to deal with the smell and their space requirements. I figured corn snakes were low maintenance, odorless, didn't need to be handled or played with if I didn't have time and only needed to eat once a week. King Crimson has been a joy; he is gentle, patient, is happy to have kids handle him and happy to be left alone too. A year and a half later I added a ball python. I'm not in love with BPs the way I am with King Crimson, but Atlas is happy and well cared for. The snakes are wonderful, but they aren't really companion animals. Charlie is much more social and interactive, but he does need a lot more care in terms of diet and lighting than say a cat. But he is cute, and totally worth it.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
I have always had as many animals as I could manage. As a kid I had dogs, cats, parakeets, anoles, geckos, various fish, horses, hermit crabs...basically anything that wasn't a rodent, my parents let me keep. When I went to college, it was my first time on my own without a pet. I had to leave my dog and my cat with my parents, and I was really lonely. My second year of school it got worse, so I got a baby corn snake from the pet store. I really wanted rats, but didn't know how to deal with the smell and their space requirements. I figured corn snakes were low maintenance, odorless, didn't need to be handled or played with if I didn't have time and only needed to eat once a week. King Crimson has been a joy; he is gentle, patient, is happy to have kids handle him and happy to be left alone too. A year and a half later I added a ball python. I'm not in love with BPs the way I am with King Crimson, but Atlas is happy and well cared for. The snakes are wonderful, but they aren't really companion animals. Charlie is much more social and interactive, but he does need a lot more care in terms of diet and lighting than say a cat. But he is cute, and totally worth it.

SlizardGirl

Hatchling Member
I guess i was just born with love for lizards. Instead of just Barbies, i would play with rubber lizards, scare my friends with them, i collected them and made "clans" of lizards. Or if i felt like playing barbies, they would have pet rubber lizards. Then when i was 8 i would always carry this toy lizard to school everywhere. I would pretend it was my pet that would ride om my shoulder, and it became my best friend. By the time i was in 5 th grade i begged and pleaded for a lizard. My parents had me reserarch for a year and keep my room clean and do chores before i could get one. I was sadly disappointed at christmas when i got typical gifts. By the spring of my 6th grade year, my parents saw how serious i was and would take me to pet stores to decide which kind i like best. i considered lepoard geckos, but didnt find them as cute as i hoped for. then i wanted a water dragon but found they grew too big. My mother went to the doctors one day and passes the local pet store we completely forgot about. She saw my baby sunshine and asked to hold her. she jumped in a pencil jar and peeked out with curiosity. my mom bought her right there, and told my dad when i get home from school to go pick her up. By that time i got sad feeling as if i would never get a lizard. i came home with glee and excitement when i found out the news. we went to the pet store and bought her and took her home

how i got to this site was when she leaped off my shoulder on the first day and got lost. i found this site and many of you were helpful in advice, but of course everyone suggested to look low because they like it low, little did i know sunshine is a climber. by the third day missing we gave up looking on the floor and looked up. we found her hanging on a hanging table in my room the same color as her. she looked at me as if it was all a fun game.

it has been almost 3 years now, and December 15th is my sunshines birthday, she will be 3. boy how the beardie time flies

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I've always been a cat person. When our cat Squeakers passed away, we decided we wouldn't have any more pets. Then we adopted Sweetie from our son who couldn't look after her. Since Sweetie, we've adopted or rescued 4 others & now have 5 beardies. I love them all & find they are very comforting. They all love to cuddle & will stay still for more than a minute. They are very expressive & don't mind being on their own while I'm at work.

jjh1

Juvie Member
I have always been an animal lover of furry animals dogs especially and then a friend gave me her gecko and I was hooked.

I love beardies they have great personalities like to beardie cuddle , they are just a special reptile to me.
I also have a waterdragon baby right now and he is amazing as well, also reptiles are easy to keep clean they can be expensive but then so can anything that a person likes.

I wouldnt trade my pets for anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom