White spot on snout area

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSpike

Spike is approx 10 months old (I have had him for about 5 months now) and he has recently developed a white patch of skin on the top of his head surrounding his nose area and the top of one eyelid. He has now had it for about a week and it has not spread, but it is not getting better either. At first I thought it may be him shedding, but usually he will shed his whole head and not just a portion. I looked at the area today and two scales look a bit pussy and are turning darker.

If anyone knows what this could be, let me know.

He has also stopped eating cricketts, but is still eating his veggies and worms. He is also still having regular Bowel Movements.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello there,
Unfortunatly in order for us to determine if this is shedding or some sort of fungus online we will need to see a picture.
Could you please post one :)

Holly

BeardieSpike

Original Poster
Here is a picture of it

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
This looks like perfectly normal shed to me.
Shed on the head can look very white like this.

Holly

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Not to worry, the head can shed in patches. My boy just recently shed in just the same way:
pinkface.jpg

Tough places where there isnt much friction like the head and the neck can take longer to shed than other places, so dont be worried if it takes 3 weeks to finally crack.

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom