White poop and loosing weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
Hige hasn't pooped in just over a week, which i expected since he hasn't eaten in over a week. I've been bathing him every few days so he's nice and hydrated. I popped him in this evening and after 15 mins or so he did urates and a completely white poop, bar a tiny black bit at the end. The urates were well held together but not that hard as normal, whereas the white poop bit was very squishy - more than usual. Is this normal? He seems to be brumnating, but is yet to go into his deep sleep. He prefers to sit to the side his basking lamps, under the UVB tube at the moment, so he's getting all the heat/uvb he needs and im offering him food every day, just incase (which he refuses - even his favourites!)

He's also lost weight - down from his normal feeding regularly weight of 395g to his 'empty' weight of 383g a few days ago and now 377g. He's 18" long and i've been working really hard to get his weight up so this is annoying. He's also been treated for parasites.

Photos: (it was originally all one peice.)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcx91hNsUP1ry9h3jo2_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcx91hNsUP1ry9h3jo1_1280.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has he been undecided on his brumation?
What is his age?
If he is sitting under his basking light part of the time but sleeping for the other portion, he is just going through a partial brumation which a lot of the youngsters tend to go through.
Since he is sitting to the side of his light, he is not wanting to be as warm as normal which they will also do when trying to go through a cool down period.
He most likely wont eat much if he is trying to slow down. You can shorten his days to an 8 hour day if you feel confident that he does not have parasites right now. You may want to get another fecal done though to be sure. They can become stressed & lose weight if they are trying to go into brumation & don't or are allowed to go into it.
Does he have a cave/hide he can go into?

Tracie

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
How long has he been undecided on his brumation?
He's been iffy all month but about a fortnight or so ago he decidedly was slowing down, sleeping more, and refusing food, but he's been wanting to brumnate for about a week or possibly more. At one point he slept in a box under the basking platform i physically put him in, but then he moved to the light after i placed him back in the middle of the floor in from his bath instead of the box he'd been in. i assumed he'd move to the box later if he prefered. He pretty much stays wherever i put him and doesn't move. He'll only move if i put him in the middle of the floor and he goes to the spot he's in at the moment (as always). Should i move him to a hide and leave him there?

What is his age?
He's thought to be around 22 months but he's a rescue so im unsure, he could be a little younger but i don't think he's much older.

You can shorten his days to an 8 hour day if you feel confident that he does not have parasites right now.
He's been on a 8hr day for a few days now - 9-5pm. He was on a 10hr day for a few before that. A vet friend of mine did his foecal tests a few weeks ago free and said he's fine - i'll try to ask for another test done next time he goes though.

Does he have a cave/hide he can go into?
He has one in the cool end - a cat litter tray with large pieces of torn up kitchen roll and a half log. He doesnt use this much because it gets cold at night, the temps are around 21c/70F during lights on and about 14c/57F at night. One cardboard box hide on top of his basking platform, to the side with a few sheets of kitchen roll put inside. Temps are 30-32c/87-90F during the day and 25-27c/77-80 at night. And one larger box underneath his basking platform with kitchen roll sheets to make it feel more snug, temps are 29c/85F and have yet to measure night time temps. He went in this box initially. He has a 50w CHE on 24/7 because my house is very cold, and i need that plus the 60w bulb to reach a 39c basking spot (temp gun and probe tested) and he now mostly chooses to stay in the basking end at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom