White Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitchMitch

Can someone tell me, when beardies shed... do their heads shed as well? My guy went thru a shed cycle not to long ago (few weeks) - tail, legs, and now his head is white. I dont know if this is normal, or a problem. He stayed under his rocks yesterday all day. Still eating like a champ though. Chowed on 2 dozen crix and ate his greens. Just seems out of sorts.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Mitch, yes their heads do go white just before they shed, and the grumpys go with sheds !
If you should also see your dragon inhaling and breathing hard, and inflating the beard, this is also a shedding action. The dragon does this to loosen the old skin on the beard.
Hope this helps out !
Also a nice warm bath helps sheds immensely !
Janie.

MitchMitch

Original Poster
Yes.. that does help. Poor guy :cry:
No basking sessions yesterday, just hid under his rocks and became anti-social.
But at least he is eating. And yes.. a warm bath is in order today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom