Whipping tail in bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't quite sure which topic to put this under so hopefully this will help. I gave my beardie a bath in the tub for the first time today and he looked like he was loving it. After a couple minutes he started whipping his tail and back legs around I wasn't sure if this was his way of having fun in the tub or if there was something wrong.

thanks, joe

Gail

BD.org Addict
Did it almost look like he was trying to scratch at his back with his hind legs? I've had dragons do that when water gets on their back.

joehaggerty

Original Poster
Yeah he was scratching his back too i guess that must have been it. temp started a little over 90 probably got down to around 85ish by the end of the bath.

Tassadar

One of mine LOVES the bath and does all sorts of weird things in there, he even likes to stick his head under and fling water on his back. I try to not let him do that but still, he will do it. Then my other one....same temperature as the other, etc, and he is like a cat. HE HATES THE BATH, for the first few minutes, but the remainder of it he doesn't mind it as much. Beardies act weird in the tub, silly little guys. :D

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Tasty Treat does that sometimes. She gets overly splashy in the tub when she is shedding too.
But sometimes she just swims around and splashes about. although i think the tail whipping is her trying to get me wet sometimes...

Tassadar

Hehe so cute! Yeah mine will squirm a LOT when he is shedding, but he's a dunner and his scales grow differently so I imagine that it could have something to do with it, Poor guy. My leather has no problem shedding, but he's the one who will run up my arm and attempt to get me soaked in the process, heck, he makes 110% sure of it. :banghead:

mine does that too, I think its their way of playing. the only way I know of one not likeing water is turning black and either not moving at all or trying to get out of the tub. I'd say playing and enjoying the water

joehaggerty

Original Poster
thanks everyone, he does it most time he bathes now, i was just worried the first time because i had never seen it before. Appa sure does loves his baths :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom