Which worms to feed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sddragons

Juvie Member
Phoenix work, butter worms, wax worms, supers, meal worms....which ones are good and how often do we feed them?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
That depends on your dragon and their age. Mealworms should be avoided at all costs. Superworms are good, but only for dragons over 16". Butter and wax worms are more snack worms (think of them like candy bars and your beardie is a 2 year old... you give it to them and they'll never want anything else, and it isn't good for them.) Phoenix worms are good, but small and expensive so they end up costing you quite a bit.
If you've got a baby, the easy cheap route is bulk buying crickets (they need a LOT of live feeders while they're under a year. 50-100 a day.) An adult only needs live feeders a few times a week, and won't eat nearly as much. the best route to go then is probably to breed roaches (dubias or lobsters) Dragons self-regulate, so you don't have to worry about overfeeding them, they'll stop themselves. Salad should be offered all day, every day, no matter the age.
I hope that was helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom