Which wattage bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

I know there is no magic formula to what wattage basking light & CHE to buy but I'm a bit stuck. My soon-to-be beardie will be in either a 40 gallon breeder or 55 gallon until I can make him a custom enclosure. Until then I'll have to deal with the evil glass tanks that don't like to hold in heat :(

Any ballpark ideas on what wattage basking light and nighttime CHE I should use in a room that can get down to 55 this time of the year?

Thanks!
Savannah

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
What are the ambient temps in the room the beardie enclosure will be in? That will help us give you a ball park.

I mean day time too. If they fluctuate a lot, thermostats are helpful.

misspeachesx

Original Poster
Like I said, it can get down to 55F sometimes. I want to get one that will be able to keep the temps up even if it gets down to 50F if possible. I always keep my reptile's lamps on thermostats just to be safe. :)

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
I have a 40gal breeder that is made of glass with a screen top. I went to Home Depot and got a sheet of 1/2 inch foam insulation. Looks like a big sheet of pink styrofoam. Anyway, I cut some pieces and put it around the enclosure to help insulate the glass. I also use a 150W CHE and Floodlight. You can get either a Rheostat or a Dimmer to control how much heat is put out at this point. Hope that helps.

~Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom