Which one to buy? Red vs Normal morph

Status
Not open for further replies.

winwin

Hey guys, someone just had beardies available and the available morphs are red and normal, which would look better? The normal one is priced at 3500 Philippine peso and the red one is at 4500. Both are hatchlings, I hope I can make the decision ASAP because I'm leaving for school and it's much more convenient to pick things up from the airport here in my hometown compared to where I study... Hehe :) Thanks! :)

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Well, the red morph will probably be prettier considering it is red. But normal dragons are just as adorable. I would base the decision off of your budget and the behavior of the two beardies, unless you really want the red one. If possible, see if you can hold each beardie before buying. They all have different personalities. Hope this helps!

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
just because the normal doesn't have colors right now, doesn't mean it won't in the future. I've seen several plain babies grow into some beautifully colored adults.

Alon93

Hatchling Member
Normals can be awesome as well, this is my normal female:

DSCF07431.jpg

winwin

Original Poster
What if i add in sandfire? almost the same price as the red at 5000... does anyone have pics of the 3?

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Really, it depends on personality and budget, and the one you think is normal could definitely show more color later on. Babies can be very dull.

Alon93":epyajawd said:

DSCF07431.jpg
I don't think she's a normal, she's at least half of something because she's got some really pretty yellow color on her. My Duke is half normal and half a colored dragon.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
duke11":1gl3wm8b said:
Really, it depends on personality and budget, and the one you think is normal could definitely show more color later on. Babies can be very dull.

Alon93":1gl3wm8b said:

DSCF07431.jpg
I don't think she's a normal, she's at least half of something because she's got some really pretty yellow color on her. My Duke is half normal and half a colored dragon.

She is beautiful! Looks like some citrus....but it does not matter LOL She is an absolute sweetie!

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah really, who cares about color unless you're breeding, it's all about the personality :D

winwin

Original Poster
My dragon finally arrived today. The shipper got delayed and shipped it out yesterday. It's very energetic but likes to jump a lot, is this normal for a hatchling? Here are some pics... :)
254594_10150202365489197_508379196_6713449_8149111_n.jpg

251612_10150202365499197_508379196_6713450_569776_n.jpg

253679_10150202365504197_508379196_6713451_1296377_n.jpg

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, some babies can be very jumpy. He/she is SO adorable, congrats! Will probably show very pretty colors later on :)

winwin

Original Poster
duke11":ut02ghwv said:
Yes, some babies can be very jumpy. He/she is SO adorable, congrats! Will probably show very pretty colors later on :)
Do u think this is a red morph? It is not clear on the pics but he does have a bit of a reddish hue and has very orange "ears"... And thanks, he/she is very adorable and cute. :)

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Not sure if it's a full on red morph, but it is at least half of something colorful. He/she reminds me of my dragon Duke, who looks almost the same except a little bit duller. My beardie has the reddish spots on his back like yours, and his ears are also very orange like yours. He/she will grow up to be very pretty! It will get better with each shed :D

TheDeac

Hatchling Member
duke11":3fcet0b6 said:

Alon93":3fcet0b6 said:

DSCF07431.jpg

Stubble is a normal Drag and he's WAY more yellow than that lol he's almost lemon colored lol its so awesome not that color matters my stubble is the coolest dragon of them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom