which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
So, I am getting a new beardie from petco. I know they aren't the best but my good friend works there and takes care of them and they look very good. So my question is, is it better to get a new baby or one that is a little more grown? Personally I like the older ones. They are a few months and they look great and they even have one that has a short body and it's a bright yellow color with red on it and it's beautiful! I'm just wondering if getting one that's a little further along will cause me problems at all? their babies look good too aside from one that's missing a bit of it's tail (even though it was the.net active of the bunch doing a lot of glass waving) so, any opinons? Also what kind of dragon do you think the nice colored one might be?

JessicaJ

I suggest looking on petfinder and maybe getting a older one from someone or Rescue on there :)

Unless you like the baby stage.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If you're set on getting one from the store, the older would be a better choice. Be sure they are active, healthy well fed, and a little nip won't hurt them at all as long as it's not fresh, and you might point it out + ask for a discount. As for the colors, it can change as it grows, but it sounds like a very pretty dragon. If you end up getting it, post a pic + someone can tell you if it's leatherback, and if it has black eyes it's a transluscent, if it has clear nails it's a hypo.

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
There is no one that has any on Pet finder close to me, I've looked before.

I am on my way back to the store right now to make my decision. Hopefully I can come home with a good one. :] It's so hard to choose when they are all so cute but thank you for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom