Which bulb is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyPlusBen

Hatchling Member
Which bulb is better, this one (I currently have this one and it is about 9 months old. They say it can last 2 years so I replace it every year. But I'm thinking of replacing with new plan): http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/uvb-fluorescent-lights-mercury-vapor-bulbs/-/zoo-med-100-watt-powersun-uvb-heat-bulbs/ (the 100W one)

Or this one: http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/uvb-fluorescent-lights-mercury-vapor-bulbs/-/zoo-med-36-repti-sun-100-fluorescent-bulb/

Here are my cage dimensions:
Length: 48 inches
Width: 16 inches
Height: 21 inches
= 70 US gallons

Is the the first light bulb I mentioned too powerful of a bulb to put in this cage?
Which one is better in general?
The reptisun bulb needs to run the length of the cage correct?
Which UVB fixture would work the best? Do I need a special kind or just any regular one at some place like wal-mart?

Sorry I can't get pictures but I have 2 holes on the top of my cage, one to the left center, and one in the center. They are both screwed to the top (the cage is wooden with a sliding glass door). Right now I have the 100W uv/heat bulb in the left center acing as both uv and basking spot while the other is a regular 100W bulb.

In the meantime, should I change the center one too just a regular household bulb because I think it may be getting too hot. The temps are like 105 in basking and 80-90 in cool areas... Is this ok or too hot?

You guys rock, and I know some Bearded Dragon genius will help me out with this which I appreciate a TON because this is not exactly a cheap purchase as it would be around $60-$70 if not more... At least I landed a job at Six Flags! hahaha (16).

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Reptisun is the best hands down. Mvbs are risky. You can get the zoomed fixture which is made specifically for that bulb. Or you can get one at walmart.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The powersun will give off better uvb than the reptisun 10 tube. However, some of the powersuns have been causing problems with the beardie's eyes. If you get a powersun, keep your eyes on your beardie to make sure it isn't causing problems with their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom