Which basking light does your beardie use/prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
I know I'm probably posting this in the wrong thread BUT this one has more people visiting. (Im sorry mods! :( ) I have all three beardies under the exo terra intense which is releasing a yellow tint to it and I know proper beardie light should be white. I have a feeling this is why all three beardies are so..... Blah lately. The bulb that I just bought is http://www.petmountain.com/product/...72/zoo-med-reptile-uva-basking-spot-lamp.html after reading reviews I feel like I made a good choice. What do you guys use? Have you ever tried different ones? Reactions?

Also, off topic, bandit hates her hammock. Anyone else have a beardie that hates their hammock?!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I just use halogen flood lights because they give off good heat and have bright white light... but I think I might have told you that before, Lol.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol yeah you did but do those even give out UVA ? I'm being a paranoid beardie mom lately and I did research and found out improper lights can cause them to not eat or be active and bandits been hiding from her lights a lot lately.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I think that the UVA just refers to visible light, doesn't it? Halogens are one of the brightest bulbs out there, I believe.

mish13

Hi, I have a 40g breeder and have used both the exo terra and zoo med basking bulbs. I didnt notice a yellow tint to the exo terra but it was a 100w bulb and was bringing my temps to 115- 120 way to high. My girl is almost 2 yrs old now so im trying to keep the temps around 100. The zoomed im using right now gets temps around 105 - 107 , tried a 50w and only got 93 , ugh ... I have been wanting to buy a flood light but there are SO many different kinds . What brand and watt do you use ? Before you ask I use a digital prob w/ wire and reptisun tube

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol Lindz I have no idea.

What do I use? Currently I used the exoterra intense at 100 watt but I'm only hitting around 105-110 in certain spots. I'm buying the one I just linked up above to see if my bd has a different reaction to lighting as she isn't active much anymore. How close is your basking spot to your light?

mish13

My basking spot is about 8" from the light . Im sorry i was asking Lindz what brand of flood light she was using . Do you know if the flood lights burn hotter than the reptile bulbs ? Its so frustrating trying to get the right temps and keep them there. And summer is coming so its going to be hot soon and ill prob have to change my lighting again. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom