Where to get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferociouscorpion

Hatchling Member
I really love the look of these Uromastyx and I've been thinking about getting one. Seeing as how they aren't as expensive to feed as my dragon I'd be able to take good care of them both if I get one.

Does anyone know any good breeders or places to purchase one?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The only place I know of that regularly has uros for sale is Fauna Classifieds.

-Brandon

Ferociouscorpion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Are they that much more harder to take care of?

I've actually been doing a lot of reading up on them. Here on the forums and some research on the Internet. I won't just be jumping into things. I like to read up and learn as much as I can before I jump on any purchases especially one that involves a living lizard. I just want to see where I could find one so after I have everything set up and perfect I can purchase a nice looking one.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would say they are easier to take care of, once you get your setup up straitened away.

-Brandon

Ferociouscorpion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've never even heard of Uromastyx until I've seen yours.

Calcifer is pretty much introduce me to uros and he is pretty awesome.

ray01

Does anyone know of any breeders in British Columbia. The only place i can find one is at petsmart

gmayor

hey guys i have owned different kind of uromastyx before and i love them so much one of my favorit lizards. you were asking were to get one if you really want to spend your money on a healthy bring beautiful uromastyx you guys should check out deerfernfarms.com they have some amazing uromastyx with great care sheets for them as well i hope this helps out

UromastyxCanada

ray01":1qbpq8we said:
Does anyone know of any breeders in British Columbia. The only place i can find one is at petsmart
I would normally introduce myself by posting in the New Members section first, however, in doing some online searches, I found this thread and seeing as how there are a few people interested in finding Uromastyx breeders in Canada, I felt compelled to respond, especially considering Uromastyx are CITES Appendix II and can be difficult to import, much less find CB in Canada.
Although still incomplete, my husband and I have recently gotten our new site, Uromastyx Canada, underway and have many breeding projects planned, hopefully, for 2012, including Moroccans, Ornates and Red Saharans. We will also be working with Sudanese Ocellated Uromastyx and Egyptians in the next couple of years, once our animals have reached maturity.
Please don't misunderstand, we do not currently have any uros available for sale, but if you are interested in obtaining regular updates about our breeding projects and future availability, "Like" us on Facebook!

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
Ferociouscorpion":s2qr07x6 said:
Are they that much more harder to take care of?

I've actually been doing a lot of reading up on them. Here on the forums and some research on the Internet. I won't just be jumping into things. I like to read up and learn as much as I can before I jump on any purchases especially one that involves a living lizard. I just want to see where I could find one so after I have everything set up and perfect I can purchase a nice looking one.

I'm also thinking of getting one. They DO seem easier to take care of. Their diet is mainly veggies as well. They only issue I see with a Uromastyx is keeping the temp up to about 115-120 degrees. :) Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom