where to buy superworms??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlyrikal1

anyone know a good website or place to buy superworms?..i kinda wanted to switch from crickets to super worms....is it okay to feed my beardie just superworms and his veggies for his diet? Also are they easy to breed? I dont knwo a lot about the different varieties of feeders but are superworms the best? i have a 6 month old 14" beardie just FYI...thanks guys!

squral

Hatchling Member
you shouldnt give your beardie supers untell they are 15 to 16 inches or it can cause impaction probems. this is because of the harder outer shell of superworms. they are a great feeder and i think are very easy to breed. you should still give them crickets every now and again though for some variety. :)

Pravius

Juvie Member
Truthfully 14'' is fine for supers, just make sure to keep an eye out to make sure he/she is still popping everyday. I still do feed some crickets but I am going to be switching to Dubia here really soon. Supers breed really easy and there are a few guides floating around here that can explain in detail what needs to be done to breed them. I know some people that only feed supers but I like to keep a variety in their diet to provide good nutrition and to have them stay stimulated with hunting and eating.

Acill

I get mine a flukers Farms. I pay $20 for 500 large and that price includes 2nd day fexex shipping. Its the best price I have found and the work are in great shape. You can also order them in 1000 packs.

When you get them, be sure to put them in a large container with smooth sides and put in about 3-5" of Wheat Germ. Toss in a few slices of potato for hydration and thats it.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Superworms are super easy to breed, but it takes FOREVER to get the process started. Once you get the original batch grown up large enough to eat you should have a steady infux of food. It's just the 3-5 months of start up that kills you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom