Where to buy Horned Worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been really wanting to feed my bearded dragon some horned worms but I have no clue where to get them. My local reptile store only sells wax worms, superworms, mealworms, and crickets. Do any of you guys know an online site to buy them at the CHEAPEST price for a good quantity? And not like sick ones either. And ideas? Also do any of you guys know how to house horned worms?

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
http://www.greatlakeshornworm.com/ This is where I get mine from. You don't need anything special to house them in, they come in cups with food. Lay the cups lid down so the poop is easier to clean out (take the lid off, dump it in the trash, easy). You can refrigerate them to keep them from growing, if you keep them in the fridge for more than 24 hours at a time you may get some die offs. I usually keep them on my beardies screen cage topper until they're at the desired size, then keep them in the fridge. I notice after a couple days in there without a break some of them get squishy/black, or they puke up their stomach contents. Horn worms are good feeders, but they're low in protein. Because of this, it's a good idea to continue offering other feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom